Tuesday, October 2, 2012

♥ A Cozy Autumn Day ♥

What a cozy fall autumn morning it was yesterday and on the first day of October too!

I love Luke's reflection in the window.  He's eating his muffin for breakfast.  :)


I love having lamplight in the mornings, especially on days like this. It’s one of the first things I do in the morning….go around turning on the lamps.



We enjoyed left-over pumpkin muffins for breakfast too. Another wonderful thing for a cozy fall morning!



And to top it off, I had these wonderful fall goodies from Holly (of Holly's Hobbies and Darbee's Days) to decorate with. I was the lucky winner of her fall giveaway and these goodies arrived the end of last week. Aren’t they great?  I just love everything, especially those pumpkins!!  Thank you so much, Holly!  :)

My mama kept admiring the angel and she collects them, so I ended up giving it to her!

Yesterday was just the perfect day to do a little more fall decorating with these wonderful goodies! They added more touches of fall throughout my home……

The wax tarts were added here. 


I love those pumpkins here.

I added the wax bowl fillers from Carol in the little bowl with some of the primitive hay from Holly.

I added some of the hay from Holly in this bowl that is usually the centerpiece on the dining room table.  At this particular time the dining room table has computer equipment on it.  :)
Can you see the rusty star garland?  I added it to the leaf garland on the mantle.
I even used the grassy stuff included with the wax tarts under the pumpkin on the scales. 

In addition to that, I won yet another giveaway....Carol (of Firecracker Kid).  I entered it with the intention of passing along those candle sconces to my mom if I won because I knew she would love them. And I won! So as soon as I took this picture, I took them over to mama. :)  Thank you, Carol!  Since she added a couple extra things, I added those to my fall decor!



The little mouse from Carol landed here. And the fall bowl fillers were added to the little bowl (in one of the pictures above) along with some of the “primitive hay” from Holly.

The little mouse snuck up here on Mr. Scarecrow's lap:

Can you see him?

If it keeps up like this, it will soon be sweater and boot weather!

 Oh, and I forgot…..not sure if I’ll keep up with it every day, but Sandra is doing a 31 days of fall challenge. It’s all about posting a picture that says “fall” every day. Actually everything on my post today says fall, but I’m leaving you with one that Joy actually took yesterday. I loved it and asked her if I could share and she graciously agreed. She is really into photography.



Happy Autumn!  :)


♥ Tammy ♥

28 comments:

cucki said...

aww dear such a lovely post..i love fall and it is spring here but ia m keep on thinking about fall..i wish i have fall for whole year..lol..
lovely photos with sweet fall feelings..
love and blessings xxx

Angela said...

Love all your fall winnings Tammy. You did a wonderful job adding them in with your fall decorations. I too love lamps and candles. Mr. P. tells everyone he has to start 15 minutes early getting ready for bed just to turn all of them off. You are too sweet sharing your goodies with your Mom. Love Joy's fall photo. Have a blessed week.
Angela

Trace4J said...

Oh the Fall love is all over your post. Enjoyed every bit.
Wonderful photo JOY!
Blessings & HUGS
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Everything looks lovely Tammy!

Carmen and the Primcats

Carmen S. said...

It all looks so warm & cozy:) Fall is my favorite time of year, here in PA the leaves are changing and nights are fairly cold already:)

Holly said...

Love it all! Glad you enjoyed it. I am the same way in the mornings. First thing I do is turn on all my candles and lamps. :) Love the "cozy" look. Have a happy day!

Tina Leigh said...

Well it looks cooler at your house...is it? It does look cozy..I am not looking at those muffins tho!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Morning Tammy!
What a sweet daughter you are to give up your winnings to your Mom!!

I love those little pumpkins and say every year I will make some - hasn't happened yet!lol I plan on making some salt dough bowl fillers today (attempting I should say) since it is a rainy day I figured I would play.

I love the star garland on your mantel - my favorite country store has them so I've seen them close up in person - nice!!

Send Joy over here - I could definitely use her photo skills - that picture definitely says fall

Have a fun day - Jeannette

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Oooh, I love fall. :D It's so cozy and pretty and perfect. :) The fall decor looks great! :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Lois Christensen said...

Love all your fall decorating! And I love that great smelling recipe! Going to try that soon! And thanks for the shout out for the muffins. We just loved them! Enjoy your day!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Such cozy decorations. I guess I should take some photos and put them on my blog.

Blessings,
Laura

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

I am always grateful for the wonderful blog.
Japanese is not very good at English.
I'm sorry I was wrong spell.
Entered the Japanese autumn favorite in Japan now.
It is a wonderful season and appetite travel reading and sports and was coalescing.
Please search the Okayama Korakuen PC.
You can see a great light show.
Up to 8 days.
From Japan.
Ryoma Sakamoto.

ohiofarmgirl said...

It looks wonderful! Dianntha

Anonymous said...

lovely fall goodies. Love how cozy and fallish your home looks! That pumpkin picture is great!!!

bettyj said...

Well, it all looks so warm and cozy, as well as inviting. Holly is such a sweet person. I have had the pleasure of meeting her, Darbee, and her Mom more than once. I am so looking forward to it again. I love window shots and Lukes reflection is priceless. Thanks again for a wonderful visit.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I am so very jealous. I can't wait for rain and cooler weather. We are still in this hot summer that never ends. Over 100 yesterday and today. They say it will cool some starting tomorrow. Sure hope so.

April said...

I love all the fall pictures. I've not put my decorations up yet, I need to.

LynnMarie said...

You have such a beautiful eye for decorating. It all looks so beautiful and welcoming.

Karen said...

It certainly does look cozy at your house! I love all of your fall decorations. I am looking forward to adding some bittersweet to mine one day soon.

Congratulations on your wins!

Raymond Homestead said...

Your decorating looks great! Congratulations on winning that wonderful giveaway!

Earlene said...

Fall spirit at your house Tammy!

Sandra said...

Oh I just love all your decorations and the touches around your home. Really do love your house :)

And I love the picture you shared for Fall, your girl takes some amazing photos :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Danice G said...

Beautiful, Tammy. Your Autumn decorating is very lovely :)

Chenille Cottage said...

What a treat it is to visit your warm and cozy home, Tammy. You have so many darling touches of Fall throughout.
Thank you for sharing, my sweet friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

More lovely home photos - I have an old scale I might have to copy cat you on ;-)
JoAnn

Old Red Barn said...

Your mom is right :-), what a beautiful angel! I love the little stocking the most. And I love all of your Fall pictures.

Goedele

~Sara said...

Everything looks so festive Blessings~Sara

Blessed Beyond said...

It's all precious!! I love Fall too.
Hugs and Blessings,