This week I want to share with you a WONDERFUL recipe. It's called Award Winning Chili. And it wins my favorite award! :) It actually reminded me of the chili at Texas Roadhouse, which I always get when I go there. :) I will be making this over and over. This will be my new chili recipe. I pinned this after reading that it had over 800 positive reviews and the lady that made it for her church contest won the trophy. I read the ingredients and knew I would love it. But not only I loved it, but so did my family (minus Joy….she’s my picky eater) and my parents, whom I invited over for dinner. In fact, my mama liked it so much that she made it for again for guests. This recipe was definitely a hit!
Here’s the original pin:
And I did remember to get a quick photo of mine.
Here's the recipe:
Award Winning Chili
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 1/2 cups tomatoe sauce (I used 2 (15 oz) cans of tomato sauce
1 (8 oz) jar salsa
4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (I used one package of McCormick chili seasoning)
1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
Add the ground pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce hat to low and simmer for at least an hour.
Now it’s your turn…..won’t you share what you’ve been pinning and making or trying from Pinterest? And if you don't already follow along here on Country Girl at Home blog and Pinterest, this is your personal invitation to do so. :) You can find those buttons on my sidebar.
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥