It’s that time again. I know you’ve been browsing Pinterest and pinning wonderful ideas to those boards……so won’t you come share what you’ve been up to?
This week, I have a couple of things to share. The first one was my intended thing to share. The second one just happened to fit into this week. :)
It’s a heavenly scent! As a matter of fact, that’s the name of my Pinterest board where it can be found.
Here’s the original pin:
For about 3-4 days, I saved the orange peels (in a Ziploc baggie) from the oranges Luke ate.
Just add those orange peelings and about a ½ tsp of cinnamon to a pot on the stove and turn on low and let it simmer. I actually added a little more cinnamon than that…maybe more close to tsp.
Oh the wonderful smell that filled my kitchen! I remember now seeing this in homes simmering on the stove that we visited during our annual Christmas tour of homes. So when I came across it on Pinterest, it jogged my memory and I knew I wanted to try it.
It’s very easy of course and the scent really is heavenly!
The second thing I have to share was pinned to my Sweet Treats board while visiting my friend, Lois (Walking on Sunshine). She loves to cook (and is a good one) and when I saw these pumpkin muffins, I knew I wanted to make them, which I actually did this afternoon. My mom cooked a big pot of homemade beef stew and made cornbread and invited us over. And so I took these yummy treats over for dessert. Visit Lois for yummy recipes and more. You can find her recipe for these pumpkin muffins here. She’d love for you to stop by and visit!
I had a little helper this afternoon mixing up our batch of pumpkin muffins.
Your turn! I can’t wait to see what YOU’VE been pinning and making! I hope you'll link up and join me!
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥