My inspiration came from my Mason Jar Charm Pinterest board. This was the original pin:
|This pin originally came from catchmyparty.com|
What's not to love about a mason jar? I think they're so country and so charming. Everything looks better in a mason jar, right? :) Using the above pin for my inspiration, I wanted mine to have a fall twist and I really did want mine to have burlap wrapped around it just like shown in this pin but I couldn’t find any this weekend. So, I ended up using a homespun fabric instead with a jute/twine bow wrapped around it.
I started with a quart jar. I went to Hobby Lobby and took advantage of their 40% off fall sale and purchased one small sprig of small fall leaves, one small sprig of fall berries, and a larger sprig with the big sunflower and berries. I put the small sprig of berries inside the jar in the middle and dropped the individual fall leaves that I cut off the other sprig around it inside the jar randomly. Then I placed the big sunflower sprig inside and wedged it inside the berries so it wouldn’t move around. (I also added a piece of tape at the bottom to help it stick and stay in place). Then I cut about a 3” strip of the homespun fabric long enough to wrap around the jar and glued it in place (at the back of the jar). Then I cut a piece of jute/twine and tied a bow. And that’s it! I took me all of about 15 minutes to do it, if that long. :)
Okay....now it’s your turn! What have you been pinning and making or trying? Won’t you join me for Pinned it, Made it! Monday?
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry. Be sure and grab the button code from the “buttons” page at the top of my blog and link up at the bottom of this post.
I love my blogging friends and Pinterest friends! I invite you to follow me on both! :) You can find me on Pinterest from the link on my sidebar.
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥