Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 11 ~


It’s that time again. I know you’ve been browsing Pinterest and pinning wonderful ideas to those boards……so won’t you come share what you’ve been up to?

This week, I have a couple of things to share. The first one was my intended thing to share.  The second one just happened to fit into this week.  :)

It’s a heavenly scent! As a matter of fact, that’s the name of my Pinterest board where it can be found.

Here’s the original pin:

Source:  AnnnMarie


For about 3-4 days, I saved the orange peels (in a Ziploc baggie) from the oranges Luke ate.

Just add those orange peelings and about a ½ tsp of cinnamon to a pot on the stove and turn on low and let it simmer.  I actually added a little more cinnamon than that…maybe more close to tsp.



Oh the wonderful smell that filled my kitchen! I remember now seeing this in homes simmering on the stove that we visited during our annual Christmas tour of homes. So when I came across it on Pinterest, it jogged my memory and I knew I wanted to try it.



It’s very easy of course and the scent really is heavenly!

The second thing I have to share was pinned to my Sweet Treats board while visiting my friend, Lois (Walking on Sunshine).  She loves to cook (and is a good one) and when I saw these pumpkin muffins, I knew I wanted to make them, which I actually did this afternoon. My mom cooked a big pot of homemade beef stew and made cornbread and invited us over.  And so I took these yummy treats over for dessert. Visit Lois for yummy recipes and more. You can find her recipe for these pumpkin muffins here. She’d love for you to stop by and visit!

I had a little helper this afternoon mixing up our batch of pumpkin muffins.







Your turn! I can’t wait to see what YOU’VE been pinning and making! I hope you'll link up and join me!

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.

********************************************** 

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great week!  :)

 ♥ Tammy ♥

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Muffins look yummy :)

I do the simmering pot, but I add ginger to mine as well, smells amazing :)

cucki said...

Yummyyyyy
Enjoy them xxx

Robyn ♥ said...

Hi Tammy! I look for candles that have that same scent! Love orange and cinnamon! And those pumpkin muffins...totally trying those! ;) Your little pumpkin is an adorable helper! Sweet! Thanks for hosting, can't wait to see other pins!

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Mmm, that scent was amazing. The muffins were great! :)

Love you! 8! I linked up. :)

Love,
Joy :)

Allison said...

I bet your house smelled wonderful after the simmering pot and the pumpkin muffins.

Kim said...

Hi Tammy! I tried this last week after smelling it at a friend's home. It is wonderful! And pumpkin muffins sound yummy. I love fall and anything pumpkin! Love, Kim

Karen said...

I love the smell of oranges and cinnamon! You can also add a few cloves :) Those pumpkin muffins really look great--I will have to check them out. This is a great time of year for anything made with pumpkin!

Pendleton Primitives said...

Hi Tammy.

I'm not going to participate this week. I've actually been in and out of the hospital for a nasty eye infection and had to spend the night last night so unless they have a pin on how to get rid of that icky hospital smell, I'm not going to be doing much but resting.

I so want to try to orange peel pin and the muffins look delicious. Actually, they are inspiring me to get innthe kitchen and bake some cinnamon apples for the family. Yumm. Well, I'll check out the other ladies pins while I get the apples prepped. I was looking forward to today because of these posts so thank you for that!

~Christina

Leslie said...

Love the simmer idea and will try that soon. Muffins look tasty, too! You are in fall full swing. :)

arkie said...

I love oranges and cinnamon! I use a recipe from Southern Living magazine at Christmas time that we have always enjoyed. Yummy looking muffins!

Annie said...

I will have to try the oranges!!!! I do love good smells:):)

Chenille Cottage said...

Good morning, my darling friend,
You have the sweetest little helper...and, just look at those kissable cheeks!
Have a wonderful Autumn day,
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo