Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 10 ~

Wow! I can’t believe this is the 10th week of Pinned it, Made it Monday! I’ve really enjoyed all the projects/ideas/tips that all of you ladies have been linking to the party. I always look forward to what you’re up to next!

This week I have a couple of things to share with you. The first one is a recipe. I pinned this awhile back because as I’ve mentioned many times, I love anything with a Mexican flare when it comes to food. I made this for supper Saturday night and we finished it off for lunch after church today.


The original pin (above) came from greensnchocolate.


Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest
serves 4 for dinner salads

salad:
2 cups shredded chicken
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can sweet yellow corn (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, sliced
1 head ice berg lettuce, washed and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 ripe avocados, diced
1 cup crushed tortilla chips

dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp ranch seasoning
1 tbsp taco seasoning

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.

In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together. Pour dressing over salad, starting with about half of the dressing. Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is dressed to your liking. Top with tortilla chips.

Enjoy!


Here's mine......



I left the crushed tortillas on the table to add individually:



** Note from Tammy ** I forgot to pick up ranch seasoning when I went to the grocery store, so I substituted ½ cup of ranch dressing. I also left off the avocados. I meant to add a touch of lime juice which I think would just make it all the better, and I forgot. This recipe was delicious! I will definitely be making it again! And it made a LARGE bowl! I just added garlic bread sticks. Loved it!

The second thing I want to share with you is an organization tip.  The original pin (below) came from Life as a Thrifter.



We come in and out our back door which is in the kitchen. All of our shoes end up on the little brick platform beside my cookstove. I’ve tried many things to keep them organized and I like this better than anything I’ve had.



It pleases me decorating wise and it works well for everyone to drop their shoes in. I’m trying to train everyone to put them neatly as you see here, but that doesn’t always happen. …ahem….Luke. But even so, I still like this organization method of keeping our shoes. And I LOVE crates, so this makes me happy!

Well there are two girls in the house with lots of flip flops.  Luke's shoes are in there in the corner!  :) 


Now I’d love to see what you’ve been up to!  Have you followed through with something you’ve pinned on Pinterest? This is your personal invitation to join me today and share your project/idea/tip!

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry. Just grab the button code for your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home.


*********************************************

Thank you for stopping by today!  I invite you to follow me here on Country Girl at Home as well as Pinterest (you can find the link to my Pinterest on the sidebar).  I appreciate all my followers (I really prefer to call them faithful friends), and your comments!

Have a great week!  :) 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Mexician food and I definitely will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a good week.

cucki said...

Aww thank you for sharing the recipe :)
Sound do yummy
Keep well dear and happy Monday xxx

Anonymous said...

Morning Tammy!
We had mexican food last night at our favorite place a mile from our house. I'll have to try this recipe.

I am laughing at the flip flops because since my daughter moved back home I have about 5 pairs just inside my front door. Not attractive. Will have to try this crate method (although she will be like Luke and not always put them in I'm sure!)lol I keep meaning to join your party and have even found things to make - just can't get my act together. Oh well!

Have a great Monday
Jeannette

My Colonial Home said...

I also enjoy food with the Mexican or TexMex flair and this salad is looking might appealing to me. My husband isn't into these kinds of salads so it would not benefit making it but I sure enjoyed seeing what you came up with.

Great organizing idea.

Karen

Pendleton Primitives said...

Morning Tammy! Love the salad and I think this would go over we'll in our home so we will have to make it. I did make the oven chili dogs and they were so good.

The crate is a wonderful idea!

I'm not sure if ill participate today, it's husbands 43rd Birthday and I think we are going to the beach. So, if I don't post a pin today it will definitly be next Monday.

~Christina

Allison said...

That salad looks wonderful and I like the crate idea for your shoes. I'm always looking for Amy's shoes and sometimes mine.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I will have to make this. We love taco salad but this looks like it has everything I love. Lots of crunch all chopped up in a crunchy cream salad. Now that's a commercial for you. Truly it will be on my next grocery list. We are still so warm here. It will never end.

Zaroga said...

That looks like a recipe to try.

Sandra said...

That looks like a great recipe, yum.

I LOVE your kitchen, just love it and the crate idea is great :)

Hope you have a great week Tammy :)