Another week has zipped by. I still didn’t get to the project I really wanted to do and share today for Pinned it Made it Monday. Actually I’m waiting on my hubby to cut out some wood for me, but I’ll eventually get to it. But, I do have something to share.
When I pinned these baked chili dogs, I did wonder what would make them more special than a regular chili dog. But I decided I was going to try them out and see for myself. Here’s the original pin (from sunshineandbones.blogspot.com). She calls them oven hot dogs.
|Pinned from sunshineandbones.blogspot.com|
Oven Hot Dogs (Baked Chili Dogs)
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
1 can of chili
1/2 an onion diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Line inside of hot dog buns with mayonnaise and sweet relish. Evenly add mustard. Fill with hot dogs and squish into a 13×9″ baking pan.
2. Top hot dogs with chili, cheese, and diced onion. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
**Note from Tammy** I used beef hot dogs because that's what we prefer. I also used hot dog chili (you know the kind without the beans), and shredded cheddar cheese.
It was a pleasant surprise to bite into one of these. There’s just something special about those ingredients baking together……the mustard, mayo, sweet relish, chili, onions and cheese, and then eating them when they are piping hot out of the oven. We added baked potato chips for our supper. My mom dropped by about the time we were eating so I sent a couple home with her and she called me later telling me how delicious they were. So, not sure why it makes such a difference, but the next time you’re thinking hot dogs, give these baked chili dogs a try and see for yourself!
|These were mine before putting them into the oven|
|And after they came out of the oven.|
Do you have something you’d like to share for Pinned it Made it Monday? If you’ve pinned something and tried it out, won’t you join me? Don’t forget to link the specific post showing your project to the linky tool below this post.
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Just grab the button code for your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. Be sure to link up on the linky tools at the bottom of this post.
I'd like to invite you to follow Country Girl at Home (the blog) as well as Country Girl at Home (on Pinterest)! And thank you! :)
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥