For my Pinned it, Made it! Monday entry, I’m sharing a recipe that I came across on a new blogging friend’s blog a week or so ago. I knew it would be good and pinned it to my What’s For Dinner Pinterest board. I made it for supper and we loved it! As a matter of fact, we ate every single bite between having left-overs for supper again and then for lunch until it was gone!
Here’s the original pin from Kelly:
|Source: Adorned Well|
And the recipe:
Loaded Potato Soup
6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
3- 14 oz cans chicken broth
1/4 c butter
2 1/2 t salt
1 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
1 c whipping cream or half and half
1 c shredded SHARP Cheddar cheese
3 T chopped fresh chives (I used about 1 T dried chives)
1 (8 oz.) sour cream (for garnish only if desired)
4 bacon slices cooked and crumbled Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Combine first 6 ingredients in a stock pot (or in a 5 qt. slow cooker).
Cover and cook on medium-high until potatoes are tender (slow cooker: high for 4 hours or on low 8 hours).
Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in cream, cheese and chives.
Top with sour cream and sprinkle with bacon and Cheddar cheese before serving.
Note from Tammy:
I cooked mine in the crock pot on high for 4 hours. I added some (just a little) sour cream, bacon, and shredded cheese into the entire pot of soup right before I put it on the table and then we added more of those ingredients individually to our taste. Oh, and instead of using crumbled bacon, I used real bacon bits.
It was delicious! And it’s perfect for a cold day!
Now, it’s your turn! Won’t you join me for Pinned it, Made It! Monday? It’s all about sharing something you’ve pinned on Pinterest and followed through and made or tried.
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥