Monday, October 29, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 15 ~

I’m sorry to be a little later getting the Pinned it, Made it! Monday post on today. We decided as a kind of last minute thing to go on a fall sightseeing weekend trip and didn’t get back in until late last night.


For my Pinned it, Made it! Monday entry, I’m sharing a recipe that I came across on a new blogging friend’s blog a week or so ago. I knew it would be good and pinned it to my What’s For Dinner Pinterest board. I made it for supper and we loved it! As a matter of fact, we ate every single bite between having left-overs for supper again and then for lunch until it was gone!

Here’s the original pin from Kelly:

Source:  Adorned Well

And the recipe:

Loaded Potato Soup

6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
3- 14 oz cans chicken broth
1/4 c butter
2 1/2 t salt
1 1/4 t freshly ground pepper
1 c whipping cream or half and half
1 c shredded SHARP Cheddar cheese
3 T chopped fresh chives (I used about 1 T dried chives)
1 (8 oz.) sour cream (for garnish only if desired)
4 bacon slices cooked and crumbled Shredded Cheddar Cheese

 
Combine first 6 ingredients in a stock pot (or in a 5 qt. slow cooker).

Cover and cook on medium-high until potatoes are tender (slow cooker: high for 4 hours or on low 8 hours).

Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in cream, cheese and chives.

Top with sour cream and sprinkle with bacon and Cheddar cheese before serving.

And here's mine before adding our individual extras:




Note from Tammy:

I cooked mine in the crock pot on high for 4 hours.  I added some (just a little) sour cream, bacon, and shredded cheese into the entire pot of soup right before I put it on the table and then we added more of those ingredients individually to our taste. Oh, and instead of using crumbled bacon, I used real bacon bits.



It was delicious! And it’s perfect for a cold day!

***************************************************

Now, it’s your turn! Won’t you join me for Pinned it, Made It! Monday? It’s all about sharing something you’ve pinned on Pinterest and followed through and made or tried.

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!  :)

♥ Tammy ♥ 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so very delicious !!! I really have to try it !!
Have a great day.

Wendi said...

Yum! I think I will make that Wednesday as it is suppose to be cold, windy and maybe even a snowflake or two that day. BRRR.... I am not ready for that!

April said...

We love Potato Soup...I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe soon! Thanks, Tammy, for sharing it!

bettyj said...

Sounds delicious and would be perfect on a day like today! I love potato soup.

Beth said...

The soup sounds delicious. I have saved the recipe. Thank you Tammy!

Debbie said...

This sounds wonderful and one of my mother's favorite kinds of soup, so I will be trying this for sure! Thanks for posting it, and have a wonderful day!

cheekylittleprintsandgifts said...



That looks so very delicious !!! I really have to try it !!
Have a great day.



Kitchen cabinets oklahoma city

Tina Leigh said...

I could lick the screen!!! That sounds really good!!!

cucki said...

it is looking so yummyyyy..
hugs cucki xx

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I know Daddy sure liked the soup! :) Hopefully I'll be able to link up to Pinned It, Made It! Monday next week. :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Jamie said...

Ohhhhh, I make this soup too! It's one of my all-time favorites! Hope you enjoyed your little weekend getaway!

Paula said...

Oh my~ this looks so good!! We LOVE 'tater soup around here, Tammy~ and I think the more you put in it, the better it is! *wink*

Blessed Beyond said...

Oh how yummy!!! Sounds wonderful!!! And looks it too!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I've had this and it IS good! I made something for your challenge, but don't see any way to link up.

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Tammy,
One of my FAVORITE SOUPS and I make it often - even in the summer as it is so comforting.
Thanks for the recipe!
Karen

Karen said...

That looks super delicious! I must try this :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, This sounds so good and I bought potatoes today at the market. Have a good night!