Cathy, of Cobblestone Farms tagged me for a few fun questions a few days ago. Cathy is one creative gal! I love her decorating and visiting her blog! Thank you Cathy for tagging me...that was fun....challenging...but fun!
So here goes:
8 Things I Say Alot:
1) I love you.
2) Huh? (A bad habit)
3) Be careful (I have a 19 year old son...need I say more?)
4) 10! (Secret Code in place of words for Joy & me)
5) Hurry up! (We're always on the go!)
6) Pick up! (Keeps everyone cleaning up after themselves...well sometimes)
7) I gotta tell you something! (that rolls out when an idea pops in or I
remember to tell something)
8) You hear me? (Another bad habit)
8 Books I've Read Lately:
2) Country Sampler Magazine
3) Mercantile Gatherings Magazine
4) A Charlotte Mason Companion (always a reread every summer)
5) Homeschooling: A Patchwork of Days (reread)
6) 90 Minutes in Heaven
7) On the Banks of Plum Creek (Read Aloud with Joy)
8) The Relaxed Homeschool (another reread)
8 Movies I've Seen 8 Times:
2) It's a Wonderful Life
3) A Holiday for Love (Very favorite)
4) Holiday Affair
5) While You Were Sleeping
6) Friendship's Field
7) Sleeping with the Enemy
8) Rocky 3 (Jason reminded me that I've watched this 8 times....with him)
Can you tell I'm a Christmas movie fanatic?
8 Things I'm Working On:
1) A Surprise
2) My Flag
3) Planning our School Term
4) Selling some books online
5) My blog
6) Trying to do some organizing
7) Trying to clean house (somewhat)
8) A Fundraiser
8 People to Invite to Do This:
Since I just awarded several people yesterday...how about if you find this fun and would like to participate...please join in....I'd love to hear your answers!
Now for the thrift finds...
Tuesday, Joy & I dropped my mom off for a Dr.'s appointment and while we waited, we stopped in Goodwill. Now, I rarely find anything there really because their prices are normally just more than I'm willing to pay. But this time, I did come out with four things....two for me and two for Joy.
These are the "for me" items. Of course, I plan to prim them up. The flag is quilted. I plan to coffee stain it. The (supposed to be) birdhouse is probably going to get a makeover as a prim wall candle holder...distressed. I'll share the finished product when I'm done. I paid $3.99 for these two.
These two books were for Joy. She spotted them right away! She loves this series of Great Illustrated Classics and I love that she loves to read them! We have several of the series, but we found these two that we didn't have and she hadn't read yet. We picked these up for 99 cents a piece. She's already about finished with David Copperfield.
After the trip to Goodwill, we had more time to spare, so we went by the Antique Gallery/Flea Market close by. I ended up only leaving with this wooden bucket for $8.
It has fruit on one side. It, too, will be painted and primmed...just not sure what color yet. I could have found more there....but my mom called ready for us to pick her up so we had to head to check out.
I really enjoy thrift shopping and especially the antique gallery, but with the cost of gas these days, I usually only go if we're in that area for something else. But it always gives me something to look forward to......and that's a good thing.