Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 30 ~ (and Colt's 24th Birthday)

Another week has flown by and it's time again for Pinned it, Made it! Monday.  This week I do have something to share!


I tried out a new recipe.  It's called Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta al Forno

Here's the original pin (found on my Pinterest board What's for Dinner?):

Source:  Annie's Eats
 Here's the recipe:

Tomato and Mozarella Pasta al Forno

Ingredients

2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2- 14 oz. cans diced Italian plum tomatoes
1 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper
 1 lb. pasta (tube)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese (cubed)
2/3 cup parmesan

Directions

Heat oil in skillet.  Add garlic and cook over medium heat, 1 minute.  Add tomatoes and oregano and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, 15 minutes.  Add salt and pepper.  Meanwhile, cook pasta.  Toss pasta with sauce.  Place half of pasta in an oiled 9 x 13 dish.  Cover with half of parmesan and mozzarella.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. 

** Note from Tammy ** I didn't have garlic cloves, so I used 2 Tbsp of garlic powder.  I used rigatoni pasta, but I would also have used penne if I had them.  And I used shredded mozzarella cheese, instead of cubed, since I had that on hand.  And one last thing I did different was to add a little Italian salad dressing.  I didn't measure, but it was probably equal to about 2 Tbsp or so (just squirted some in).  I also put a little more oregano - I used an equal amount of that as I did garlic powder - 2 Tbsp. 

Here's mine......yummy!  :)



I loved this dish.  I just love Italian and Mexican dishes best of all anyway.   I asked Jason to rate it for me on a scale of 1-10 for you guys and he gave it a 7.  He liked it.  :)   I will be making it again.  I just served a salad along with it because we are keeping it simple and frugal these days. 

*************************

Now I'd love to see what you've been pinning and making.  Would you link up and share this week?


To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.


2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
**************************************
 
I realize this post is going on today (Sunday), but it will still be on tomorrow (Monday).....and Monday (March 4th) is also my Colt's birthday!  It's his 24th birthday, actually!  How can that possibly be? He's grown into a wonderful young man.  For quite a few years, he was the one and only.  He and I spent many a day here homeschooling just the two of us when little Miss Joy made her debut when he was almost 10 years old.  He and I had quite a few adventures together.  We love you, Colt!  We're blessed to have you for our son!  Happy 24th Birthday! 
 
 
 
We'll be celebrating with Colt for his birthday tonight at his restaurant of choice!  More on that later.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!  :)
 
♥ Tammy ♥

18 comments:

Karen said...

That looks really good! Happy birthday to Colt!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Tammy, that looks so yummy.......Happy Birthday Colt!!!! enjoy the evening, Blessings Francine.

Patty Sumner said...

Tammy that looks yummy! Happy birthday to Colt! He is a handsome young man.. you are truly blessed...by the way, I have a hard time reading your posts on your background...maybe it is just these old eyes...Help me I'm old...Lol.. Thanks and Sunday Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Colt!

The recipe you shared looks delicious. I will have to try this soon!

I updated my blog tonight after a long break.

Wishing you all a delightful birthday celebration with Colt.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to Colt!! The recipe sounds delicious!

jody said...

yum! tammy your meal looks wonderful! and your changes sound great too! what a nice looking young man! 24 wow.. happy birthday!! enjoy your evening!

Lois Christensen said...

That recipe does look good! Hope you all enjoyed a great birthday with your son!

Wendi said...

I make something close to this. It is a staple around here!

Happy Birthday, Colt!

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I know we liked that dish! :)

Happy Birthday, Colt! :D

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

My Colonial Home said...

I love these types of Pasta dishes...although my husband isn't a huge pasta fan...but I think I will try this one anyway!
Happy Birthday Colt...wow...24! Incredible.
Blessings,
Karen

Susan said...

I linked up! I am also your newest follower- hope you'll check out my blog as well. Susan @ The Secret to Having It All

April said...

I'm definitely going to print that recipe out...we love pasta around here! Happy, Happy Birthday to your son! Have a wonderful celebration!

Pendleton Primitives said...

We are trying to keep it simple and frugal to, lots of home repairs needed. This looks delicious so it's a definite must try. Thanks for sharing and hosting!
~Christina

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

looks yummy! I will have to give it a try as my family loves pasta

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Birthday to Colt! Janice

Annie said...

Happy birthday to your handsome guy:):):)

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Your dish looks so yummy! I'll have to try his recipe, my boys like dishes like this.
Happy 24 th birthday to Colt.
My oldest son will be 24 in May. They sure grow up fast.
Have a wonderful day.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday to Colt! Your dish looks delicious.