Friday, March 1, 2013

Faithful Friday - "Walk the Road to Life"

I'm late getting to my Faithful Friday post.....but it's still Friday!  Yesterday we were without internet (I usually try to schedule my post) and today we were out and about after school was finished, so I'm just now on the computer. 

Today I want to share yet another devotional from His Princess (Love Letters from Your King) by Sheri Rose Shepherd. 



It's not easy taking the road less traveled, so to speak.  It's hard to be different.  Living a life for Jesus is different, and it is less traveled, but it is the road to Life and it is so worth it!  And I love the fact that sometimes we do take detours but God forgives us and is ready to take us back under His wing and lead us on the right path when we're willing to let Him.

I hope you're blessed by today's devotional!

My Princess......Walk the Road to Life.....


There will always be two roads before you, my love.  The popular road is easy, its bumps worn smooth by the wandering crowds.  This road appears safe simply because so many have already ventured around its curves and shuffled down into its valleys.  What the crowds don't understand is that this road is filled with regret and guilt, and it ultimately leads to death.  This is the road that leads away from Me, your King.  If you find yourself on the wrong path, don't lose heart - just cry out to Me and I will find you.  I won't join you on this destructive detour, but I will lead you back to the road that leads to life again - the road your feet were created to walk on.  Throughout My Word you will find signposts that will give you wisdom and direction.  So keep reading and walking, my princess, and you will begin to discover the real joy of the journey of life.

Love,
Your King and the Way, the Truth, and the Life


Be careful to obey all the commands I give you; show love to the Lord your God by walking in His ways and clinging to Him.
 
Deuteronomy 11:22 (NIV) 
 
 
Have a great weekend! 
 
Blessings,
♥ Tammy ♥ 

9 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Tammy, Enjoyed the devotion. Yes we are all guilty of wandering, but thankfully God forgives and helps us find the way again and again. Glad you have your internet back. Have a blessed weekend
Angela

Beth said...

A beautiful post Tammy.

Susannah said...

I truly love the verse from Deuteronomy. Another great post that hits home, Tammy. Thank you so much.

Susannah

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I remember this one devotional! I guess it stuck out to me. It's a great one! I'm always worried about slipping off the path of the Lord, but I need to remember not to beat myself up if I do, and just to get back on it.

Great post! Thank you for participating in Faithful Fridays! :) I love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Holly said...

Enjoyed this post!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Wooo what is with that weird comment up there? How is your girl doin??

Penny said...

I enjoyed reading this post, Tammy... thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

This was so wonderful, Tammy~ I wish I had read these words years ago when I reached the age that I thought my friends opinions were the most important thing.... I can look back now and see how destructive it is to "follow the crowd". I wish all young people could read this devotional! Thanks for sharing.

cucki said...

truly a very sweet post dear..
love for you x