Monday, December 17, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 21 ~

Wow! It’s such a busy time of year, but such a beautiful time of year….a season of making memories!


Pinterest is a place running over with ideas to help us out with that very thing. And today is Pinned it, Made it! Monday! I hope you can join in and share something you’ve pinned and made or tried out from Pinterest too!

Today I’m sharing a couple of things. First of all, Luke and I made candy cane sleds from my Fun with Food board.

Because Luke had eaten quite a few of the candy canes, and then broke a couple, we only had enough to make three of the sleds, but the three we made were fun to make and Luke is waiting patiently impatiently to eat them.

Here’s the original pin:



Source:  Gluesticks.com
And here are ours:

We also used the regular size candy canes instead of the mini ones.  We already had those on hand.
Oh and we had vanilla icing instead of chocolate.  But I kind of like it....looks like snow!  :)


Secondly, ole Pete the Elf has been having a few more adventures this week. Again, I’m sure we may have seen a couple of these ideas floating around Pinterest somewhere, as well as implementing a few of our own. But Pete is quite the adventurer…….

Pete was reading a Christmas book to a little barbie girl.
Watching TV with the dollhouse family.

 
We left the snacks out.  Pete had a good time eating cookies.
Pete was trying to squeeze down the log house chimney.  :)
Pete was climbing the light over the bar in the Cedar Loft.

Riding a horse way up on the ledge of the loft....can you see how high up he is?  :)


Now it’s your turn!  :)

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you can join me tomorrow as I share more Christmas photos……this time from our Cedar Loft.

** PLEASE NOTE** With next Monday being Christmas Eve, and the following Monday being New Years Eve, I will not be hosting Pinned it, Made it! Monday on those two days.  I'm sure we will all be busy spending time with our family making lots of memories!  But I'll be right back with it the following Monday, January 7th.  So keep pinning and making in the meanwhile!  :) 

Have a great day!  :)

♥ Tammy ♥

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy, i'm not entering, but love your little elf. That is a hefty pile of goodies! Lol
Wishing you a lovely week!

Hugs & Best Wishes,
Loretta

Beth said...

The sleds are really cute!

My Colonial Home said...

LOL your elf makes me giggle...lol
I saw these candy cane sleds and thought they looked so easy. I also saw the candy canes made into name holders for the table settings.
Blessings and a very Merry Christmas
Karen

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

The little candy canes were so cute! :) Pete's so much fun. :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Karen said...

That Pete is a cute little fellow! :) and your candy sleds are adorable!