Wednesday, December 19, 2012

♥ A Cozy Christmas Tour (The Foyer & Staircase) ♥

I think that our new staircase just may be one of my very favorite things to take in this Christmas.  I just love the wooden stairs and staircase wall.

Again, it’s all very simple, but it just feels warm and cozy to me. It has that cabin feel, which is my favorite! I can’t tell you how many years I’ve wanted to remove the carpet from those stairs and have wooden stairs. So this is a Christmas gift in itself.  :)  Can you tell I'm excited?

Today, this is what I’m sharing……our foyer and staircase. This is what you would see if you were our front door guest. So, come on in!





The kids like writing the countdown to Christmas on the chalkboard the snowman is holding.
Tree on the staircase landing



Later I added the greenery and Christmas books to the staircase basket.
Luke likes picking out books from the basket for me to read to him.
Thanks again for stopping by!  I have two more days of Christmas pics to share which I will do tomorrow and then again on Saturday.

Christmas is amost here!  :)   Are you ready?

17 comments:

Beth said...

You have a beautiful home!!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh that is gorgeous. I can see why you love it. Love all the natural wood.

Simply Shelley said...

I am excited for you...your stairs are a beautiful gift to your family...and so much love went into them with all the hard work,I'm sure! I spy books at the top of your stairs...I love a house with books :)
Blessings sweet friend.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Tammy, just like a cozy cabin in the woods......love the way you decorated the stairs, looks so pretty with the lights aglow.........cute stair basket with the books, love that,Blessings Francine.

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
I am a gift to the world from Ryoma TOMODATI Japan.
Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you (traduzione)

Unknown said...

Love your new staircase...the wood is soo beautiful! Thanks for the tour!
Hugs & Best Wishes!

LynnMarie said...

What a warm welcome it gives off and just invits us to come in, put up our feet and sip a cup of tea. Thank you for sharing. I love all the wood.

Unknown said...

Love your foyer and staircase, just beautiful!
Kim

Carmen S. said...

So pretty!!! I love all the wood! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

jennifer768 said...

So pretty! Merry Christmas,Jen

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love the beautiful staircase!!

Michelle said...

I had one of those stair baskets. I loved it. I was so upset that my cat tore it up. Your staircase is beautiful.

Patty Sumner said...

Simply Beautiful!!! Merry Christmas and Blessings!

Lan said...

Wow...What an amazing staircase!!! I love the wooden staircase wall so much and just wish I could have the same one for my house. You and your big family is ready to welcome the big holiday. Thank you for sharing great photos.

My Colonial Home said...

I can see why this is your favorite look - so warm and inviting. All that wood is so rich looking.
Karen

Sandra said...

What a beautiful staircase and I have to tell you that I LOVE that basket, so neat :)

Cindi said...

Oh yes the staircase is perfect! I love that you are sharing your Christmas home! Thanks!
Be blessed,
Cindi