Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 19 ~

Have you been browsing and pinning on Pinterest lately? I know you have……all those wonderful Christmas ideas…..recipes, crafts, and decorations, right? Well, now’s your chance to share what you’ve tried or made!


This week I had other ideas but just didn’t get around to any of them. However, I do have a recipe to share that I pinned and put together from my What’s for Dinner Pinterest board. It’s called Chili Dog Casserole. Here’s the original pin:

Source:  Peace, Love, and Understanding

Now I have to tell you that Colt (our oldest) was talking to me on the phone earlier in the day asking what I was having for supper. I guess he was considering dropping by for supper, but when he heard what it was, he wasn’t impressed. He said, “Mom, that just doesn’t even sound good”. Needless to say, he didn’t drop by. :) 

This is one of those dishes that I may or may not make again. It IS a nice twist on just plain chili dogs and I liked them in the tortillas, but it just wasn't my favorite dish ever. Jason and I added mustard to ours too.  This is one of those dishes that's nice to fix when you have these few ingredients on hand and want something quick and easy. I added a salad along with ours for our supper, but I might even just add fritos or chips to make it even easier if I make it again. Anyway, here it is. You’ll just have to judge for yourself.

Chili Dog Casserole

2 (15 oz) cans chili with beans 
1 (16 oz) package beef frankfurters (I prefer Ball Park)
10 (8 inch) flour tortillas (the fajita sized ones)
1 (8 oz) package Cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Spread 1 can of chili and beans in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Roll up franks inside tortillas and place in baking dish, seam side down, on top of chili and beans. Top with remaining can of chili and beans, and sprinkle with cheese.

Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.

**Note from Tammy** I failed to read the part about covering it with aluminum foil in my haste and thus mine was not as juicy and turned out darker (it wasn't burned, although it looks it in the photo, just darker, I promise)!  :)  I will remember to add the foil next time.



Okay, now it’s your turn! Will you join me this week for Pinned it Made it! Monday and share something you’ve pinned or made from Pinterest?

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.

Thanks for stopping today!  :)  I plan on sharing some "Christmas in my home" pics on my next post!

Have a great week!  :)

♥ Tammy ♥ 

10 comments:

cucki said...

Enjoy it dear and have a lovely week x

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Tammy - the recipe sounds good but not sure if I'd like it - I'm not a tortilla person but it's certainly a quick meal.
I'm just now getting my decorations us. I'm rather late this year.
Blessings,
Karen

Trace4J said...

Yummy Friend
WHat a perfect sunday football food.
Thanks for sharing
Woolie Love & JOY
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, my goodness, tammy!
Your enchilads look so yummy. I have so much turkey in the fridge and turkey enchiladas sound might good.
Thanks for the inspiration, my sweet friend.
Blessings,
Carolynn xxx

Sharon said...

That does sound like a quick meal for a Sunday full of football.
Thanks for sharing

Allison said...

The chili dogs look good but I'm not sure if my family would go for the tortillas. What I think they'll like or eat amazes me sometimes.

Beth said...

The chili dogs sound good. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

April said...

That is definitely something my whole family would love!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I have this pinned too. So glad to know that someone else has tried it. Ü

Shannon said...

Afternoon Tammy -- I made this dish as well & I added tater tots. I didn't like it so won't be making it again. The picture on Pinterest looked good. lol