Tuesday, December 18, 2012

♥ A Cozy Christmas Tour (The Cedar Loft) ♥

The Cedar Loft is the name we lovingly gave to our little cabin above the carport/garage.

It was a labor of love, but it was so worth it! It’s our little getaway that’s about 20 feet from our backdoor to the stairs leading up to our little cabin loft.

So today, that’s the cozy Christmas tour I’m sharing with you.....The Cedar Loft.

We’ve spent four nights last week out there. It was so snug and cozy. We enjoyed Christmas movies and (way too many) snacks. :) When we were “moving things back downstairs”, Luke remarked, “It’s sad to leave”. He's right. It really was a fun stay, especially since Jason was off work those four days.

The Christmas décor up there is very simple. It’s a good thing I like simple, I suppose, because simple also fits our budget. :)

So, come on in and enjoy your visit!

 
Jason made the TV cabinet.  It's one of my favorite pieces of furniture.
We made all the decorations on the tree (with the exception of the beads)....prim candy canes, twig stars, and rag garland.



I found the little log cabin at a thrift shop.   

The stockings came from Dollar Tree.  I tea stained them to make them look old and well loved.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)  I'll be back tomorrow with more Christmas pics.  I hope you're not getting tired of them!  I just took too many to put on one post.....it's much easier split up into separate posts! 

♥ Tammy ♥

20 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

OMG!!!!!! Tammy, I love that sweet cozy room so much, you did a wonderful job decorating it.....Love the red chairs, bench and a the cabinet is beautiful, I would stay in it all the time, so so compy cozy my friend, thanks for sharing, Blessings Francine.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun little place to escape! I'm thinking I need one of these to create in, but then....I may never leave! Ü Special memories you are creating there I'm sure.

Not getting tired of your pics at all! Love them!

Robyn ♥ said...

What an awesome space! My 19 year old would love that as her own "lil apartment". Keep those pictures coming, love them!

Anita said...

Hi Tammy, I am a follower. I just looked at your last posts and wow,how adorable your house is.. the older I get the more simple I like to live, I wish my hubby liked prim more, I have to slowly get things in my house! we are down sizing and I really like the simple way.. Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing.

Rhonda said...

we have lots of company but I'm afraid if we had a loft apartment as cute as yours, our company would never leave :)
that is really nice, you did a great job on it and thanks for sharing

Simply Shelley said...

Oh wow...its wonderful...may I come live there? We could be neighbors :)

Blessings

Beth said...

I love it Tammy!! It is beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your photos are beautiful and I really do enjoy looking at them.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Very nice get-away...Simple, but packs a wow punch! Love it Tammy!
Hugs & Best Wishes,
Loretta

LynnMarie said...

I was wondering if you did the loft this year. It's so nice that you use it as well. Very nice, I love the red and aged green.

Sheila said...

I love your cozy loft Tammy! It's always a pleasure to see new pictures of it.
Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas~

Allison said...

Tammy--it looks wonderful!! I'd want to stay up there too. :-)

Patrice said...

What a fun "get away"!

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

It looks so cozy! :) It is simple, but...it works for up there. :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Tina said...

Looks amazing!!! I love it!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I adore it!

Lois Christensen said...

So beautiful! I can see why you enjoy spending time there! Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

That is a very beautiful space. I love lofts, in fact we have one of our own in our small cabin. Currently it is my 13 yr old daughters bedroom but she will be moving downstairs soon and I have high hopes of changing the loft into something special.
Blessings
Diane

Cindi said...

What a perfect getaway place and oh so beautiful! Love it!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Blessed Beyond said...

The loft is too precious!!! What a fun get away! I always enjoy pictures of the loft. It reminds me of the little cabins my family often rents out at the lake.

Hugs and Blessings,