Monday, December 10, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 20 ~

It’s time again (already) for Pinned it, Made it! Monday. It seems like Pinterest is just oozing wonderful images and ideas. I’ve pinned so many more than I can possibly get to this year. But it’s nice having them collected there, I must say. It’s wonderful to just pull up a board when I want to make use of an idea.

This week, I’m sharing our Elf on a Shelf variation. We don’t make a big deal about Santa because we're trying to keep the focus on Jesus. So our twist with the Elf is that he’s like a fairytale or a book that we read. His name is Pete and he likes to play hide and seek with Luke. He hides and Luke finds him the next morning when he wakes up. Pete is a little on the mischievous side and likes to have fun!  (On a side note about this:  We are also reading the Bible and talking to Luke throughout the Christmas season about the true meaning of Christmas and teaching him to give to others). 

We pulled several ideas from Pinterest and I have a board there called Elf on a Shelf if you want to check them out. And we came up with a few of our own too.

Pete arrived last Saturday on December 1st when Luke opened the TV entertainment center and Luke was holding a Christmas DVD of Veggie Tales.  (We forgot to get a pic of that before he grabbed it).  :)

But here are the adventures of Pete (the elf) so far:



Pete the Elf was cruising with the barbies.
Pete likes putting together puzzles.
Pete went for a boat ride in the bathroom sink.  :)

 
He was riding the sheep.

Ole Pete was experimenting with shaving.  :)
Hanging out.  :)  Pete was trying out his gymnastics on the pot rack.
Pete likes to build.  He's my kind of man.  :)  And look, it's a log cabin! 
Pete got carried away brushing his teeth.
Pete likes the iPad


What about you? Have you got something you’d like to share for Pinned it, Made it! Monday? We’d LOVE to see it!

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.


Thanks for stopping by today!  And thank you for the kind comments on my living room Christmas tour post!  Tomorrow I'll be back with more Christmas tour photos from another room.

Happy Pinning!  Have a great week!  :)

♥ Tammy ♥

13 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Our little Pete is fun not only for Luke, but for us, too! :) Coming up with different places to put him each day is good exercise for the imagination. :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

cucki said...

so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee
love for you x

Beth said...

So cute. I have never visited pinterest. I guess I will have too.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Hey Tammy, I finally got back around to pinning and making! You gotta try that recipe, your family is gonna love it!
JoAnn

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Oh, and I love The Adventures of Pete ;-)

Tanya Breese said...

ooops, i commented on the wrong page...sorry! anyways, cute things your elf has been doing!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Cute idea for little ones.

Cindi said...

Really a neat idea! I love Luke's face in the mirror!
Be blessed,
Cindi

arkie said...

I haven't ever entertained "the elf" at Christmas. Cute idea though! I did find an idea on Pinerest that I have used with our grandchildren. We hide pieces of our children's nativity set and take turns drawing the name of the missing pieces until we find them all. This really helps them learn the names of Mary, Joseph, etc. . They love to find the person or
















arkie said...

Sorry, my computer is acting up! You may have to delete my comment.

I do enjoy reading your Pinterest Mondays. One day I may have time to participate again!

Robyn ♥ said...

Oh that sweet face in the mirror looking at Pete! Luke is adorable!

My Colonial Home said...

This one made me giggle...I love this idea! Luke is in his glory I imagine.
Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Allison said...

Pete is a cute little elf. Looks like he's having fun!