This week, I’m sharing our Elf on a Shelf variation. We don’t make a big deal about Santa because we're trying to keep the focus on Jesus. So our twist with the Elf is that he’s like a fairytale or a book that we read. His name is Pete and he likes to play hide and seek with Luke. He hides and Luke finds him the next morning when he wakes up. Pete is a little on the mischievous side and likes to have fun! (On a side note about this: We are also reading the Bible and talking to Luke throughout the Christmas season about the true meaning of Christmas and teaching him to give to others).
We pulled several ideas from Pinterest and I have a board there called Elf on a Shelf if you want to check them out. And we came up with a few of our own too.
Pete arrived last Saturday on December 1st when Luke opened the TV entertainment center and Luke was holding a Christmas DVD of Veggie Tales. (We forgot to get a pic of that before he grabbed it). :)
But here are the adventures of Pete (the elf) so far:
|Pete the Elf was cruising with the barbies.|
|Pete likes putting together puzzles.|
|Pete went for a boat ride in the bathroom sink. :)|
|He was riding the sheep.|
|Ole Pete was experimenting with shaving. :)|
|Hanging out. :) Pete was trying out his gymnastics on the pot rack.|
|Pete likes to build. He's my kind of man. :) And look, it's a log cabin!|
|Pete got carried away brushing his teeth.|
|Pete likes the iPad|
What about you? Have you got something you’d like to share for Pinned it, Made it! Monday? We’d LOVE to see it!
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Thanks for stopping by today! And thank you for the kind comments on my living room Christmas tour post! Tomorrow I'll be back with more Christmas tour photos from another room.
Happy Pinning! Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥