I promised to show you the stitchery when I had it framed and ready, so this is a short post today...just the picture I promised! :)
I bought the wooden 8 1/2" x 11" frame at Dollar Tree (for $1.00 of course). I gave it a coat of Evergreen Americana acrylic paint (I love that brand, by the way..not watery at all). I then brushed back over it after it dried with watered down antiquing glaze. Then just barely glued the burgundy homespun, cut to the size of the cardboard backing of the frame, to that backing (with a glue stick on the corners and one spot in the middle)....cut the muslin down to the desired size and it just sat in the middle and stayed and didn't move...I didn't even have to tack or glue it down. And that's it! Very inexpensively done, but I love it.....Christmas colors and everything...Ready for my Christmas decor!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! :)