Thursday, August 14, 2008

Seein' Stars

Back in June when my ten year old nephew, Kemper, was here spending a week with us, he was sitting in our living room looking around. After a few minutes, he said, "Aunt Tammy, you sure do like stars, don't you?" "You have them everywhere!" Yes, Kemper, I do like stars! But until that moment, I didn't realize just how many I do have in our home.

It's one of those things I didn't purposely set out to collect. It just sort of happened. Sometimes I'm just drawn to things and I guess stars are one of them. Stars seem to convey a "happy feeling" for me. Do you know what I mean?

So the other night, I pulled out my camera and started walking around the house snapping pictures of stars.....stars were everywhere, I tell you!

Here's a "star" tour of our home:

Here are spray stars behind the swan and the swan has a star around the neck also. These are on the sideboard/buffet (that Jason made) in my dining room:


This large crock is on the bottom shelf of the sideboard in the dining room:


Here are star cutouts on the shutters by the pass through between the kitchen and dining room. There are also star cutouts on the pegboard above:


Also in our dining room, there are stars on both sides of the hutch:


And the runner on the dining room table has stars:


You saw these crates in yesterday's post, but there are stars around the lampshade, stars on the jar and box as well as a star nested inside the crate:


And above the fireplace way up there beside my Betsy Ross flag are stars resting on the stones on each side:


Above my piano there are stars as well: (Those pictures of Colt were some of his senior pictures that I took):


And way up there where the ceiling vaults are my two huge stars I purchased last winter! I just love those there...they make a great focal point when you walk in the front door!


This star is above the staircase. This is visible immediately upon entering the front door, as our staircase is in the foyer area.


This one is on the staircase landing resting on another picnic basket:


This was my $1.00 clearance star that's on the shed behind the pool:


This barn red star is actually a birdhouse and is hanging between two windows behind the loveseat on the sunporch:


This green star is also on the sunporch hanging on the old window beside the potting bench:


This is a little green birdhouse also on the sunporch hanging above the patio table for two:


This star is to the left of the front door as you walk onto the porch:


In the living room on the wall near the fireplace is the architectural birdhouse door star:


This is a star picture given to me by a friend and is hanging on the dining room wall in my "ironing board" corner:


And another one I just spotted on the dining room hutch - my star nesting boxes:


The corner of the dining room also holds a few stars. This is the corner cabinet that we painted back in the spring. It used to be stained.


As you can see by these pictures, ever since my nephew's visit, I've been seein' stars! What about you, are YOU seein' stars in your home?

22 comments:

Farmchick said...

Good morning! WOW--now that is a lot of stars!! They all look just perfect in the spots that you have assigned to them! I am really starting to like stars so someday maybe I will have as many as you!

I am a little behind on my blog reading (and posting) due to our harvest here but I wanted to stop by and say hi! I hope you have a great day!

Hugs~

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Tammy your home is absolutely awesome!!!! I wasn't just looking at the stars. Oh my word!!!! Love that pass through. Love everything. The quilts, the stars, the decorations, ummm where do I stop.

Thanks for the tour!!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

HEYYY Tammy~~
LOL!!! I just love it!! I am listing some antiques today!! Stay tuned!!
Many Blessings.....
Lori Hull

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

I love all of your stars, Tammy! And I REALLY enjoyed the tour! You have such an inviting home...

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I love stars too! Everything looks great. I especially love your hutch!

Julie said...

I have stars everyhwere, too. I hadn't thought much about it until your post and I started to look around. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I will have to do a "star" tour one day. Julie

Paula said...

That's so funny that a 10 year old BOY would even notice something like that!!
Everything looks so pretty, Tammy! I wish you could come and decorate my home!!

Unknown said...

Tammy,

WOW, You do have a nack for decorating, I too was not only looking at the stars but the rest of your house!

Take Care,
Heather

Angie said...

Tammy,

I just love your home. When my kids were little, our home looked alot like yours does now. I could not get enough stars and hearts and distressed country. I still have some of it..but I have moved more towards the cottage look. But, I am still drawn to the farmhouse look. It is just so warm and inviting...unpretentious..you know you could just walk into your home and sit down and relax...I love that! Boy, I wish we were neighbors! lol.

~Angie

p.s. thank you for your sweet comments on my blog..I feel the same way about you...you have such great ideas!

Tammy said...

I love the Americana theme in your home, Tammy. You have such a great decorator's eye...
So funny, how when you zero in on the theme, there truly is a lot of stars! :) Love them, though!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Oh my gosh Tammy, you do like stars! Wow. I love all the photos. I got a little starry eyed while looking at your photos.
(Big smile), I loved looking at them. I wonder, do you decorate with stars at Christmas? Probably!!!
Blessings, Debbie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Now that was fun!! I am going to go around this weekend and do the same thing. GREAT post and I loved seeing more shots of your home Tammy - it's so warm and inviting!! Keep on showin us more!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a fun post, Tammy! I am guilty of the star addiction. I might have to walk around and take some pictures of mine. :) I sure love that star crock! Okay I love all your stars! Great star song, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Your house is amazing! i love the stars

JenW!~ said...

Wow You sure are seeing Stars. That is a whole lotta stars you got there. But they all look so lovely and prim. But I love everything else you have there too. Wanna come decorate my home?

Shirlee said...

I'll bet you didn't even noticed your abundance of stars until Kemper pointed them out. You do have a lot, but several of them are different in colour, shape, size which makes it interesting. I tend to gravitate towards the heart shape. I don't buy much but it's funny how my eye always tends to find it.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Do you know you made me walk around my home looking at all the stars I have.lol I couldn't believe I had so many!
Love those birdhouse stars that you have and of course I was looking at the other prim things you have with them:)
Have a great evening.
*Rondell*

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Your home is lovely. Stars and hearts have always been my favs.... You do have a talent for organizing things. Love it!

Katy said...

oh...i am a total fan of stars too!!! I love ALL of your stars! They look fantastic Tammy!!!! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love all those stars! It is one of my favorite decorating motifs as well. I think it is a little something patriotic and those nice clean lines that speak to me. My favorite star is the Ohio star often used quilts. Yours is so perfect!

Your home is just lovely. I still can't get over that little setting with the crates. It's wonderful. I went to bed last night thinking of how I could take the 2 crates from the front porch and make a little vignette like you have. LOL

We have such a tiny house that I don't know where I could fit it. Maybe I'll remove a couch! LOL

Smiles,
Lea

Unknown said...

Your home is beautiful! I totally love all the stars. All your decorations are amazing... can I go shopping in your house, pretty please? lol

Cheryl said...

Tammy you home is just so inviting. I do like all your stars and it seems that it is a tradition in this house too. Something does draw your eye to those stars.