Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Country Cookstove

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the kind comments about the loss of our Liberty! I appreciate each and every one...WE appreciate them all! Joy says thank you also and the comment about Liberty chasing butterflies in heaven brought a smile to her face! You ladies are great! Thank you!

Now, a few of you asked about my stove in your comments on the maple syrup post. I did a post on this back in May when I first began my blog, but for those of you that missed it, I decided to repost it here today! That's REALLY good because I've had a really busy homeschool planning day and didn't have my photos ready for another post, so I hope those of you that have seen this before don't mind.

Here's the story on my "old" country cook stove:

This is my "old" country cook stove. Actually, it's a replica. I really do cook on it and I don't even have to haul wood in to cook with! It's all electric. It really has been fun and quite a conversation piece with visitors.



This was a splurge to myself when we built our home in late 1989/early 1990. I saw several of these stoves in country magazines at the time and researched the manufacturer. I persuaded my husband that I "needed" one. (He really didn't mind...he liked it too!) We actually bought it before we moved in and it sat in the unfinished house for a bit. The kitchen was planned around it.


These doors on the left house the controls to the stovetop burners and the oven. The oven is a little smaller than most standard ovens, but for the most part, it has been sufficient for our needs. When we have big family dinners, I also use my crockpot and microwave....plus family members usually bring dishes too. However, the manufacturer, House of Webster, did have the option of a separate "extra" iron wall oven that could be purchased if you so desired.



These top compartments are just for storage. I've used these to store dangerous items such as sharp knives away from my kids when they were small. It was made to look like the old bread warmers on the real woodburning stoves. The built-on coffee grinder on top is actually a timer.


This is my latest prim decor addition to the stove. I picked up this old muffin tin at an Antique/Fleamarket Gallery and spruced it up a bit with candles, rosehip, and homespun.


The stove is one of my favorite features in our home. If I ever move, I think I'm just going to have to take it along with us!



Have a wonderful Tuesday!

22 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh Wow Tammy that is really awesome!!!

Ann said...

Well now you have gone and done it! Wait tell I tell hubby he has to get one of these. And then wait till I tell him we have to redesign the entire kitchen to fit it in. LOL

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Thanks for sharing, Tammy! Your stove just looks so warm, homey, and inviting...

Happy Tuesday to you as well, my sweet friend :)

Katy said...

I absolutely LOVE your stove!!!!! How completely fun and great is it?? too cool!!!

You know that yellow stove/oven that Rachael Ray has on her TV show? My mom has that same stove although hers is in white. We used it my whole life and I thought for a long time that all stoves looked like that! LOL

Paula said...

Ugh... thanks to you, Tammy, now I have stove envy! LOL
It's just GORGEOUS!!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Tammy, I just love, love, love that stove. The photos of Joy cooking on it were especially wonderful.

Wishing you a wonderful day. Have fun with your homeschool planning!

Blessings,
Lea

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

LOVE it Tammy and now I do remember this post when I first met you. It was fun to revisit though.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Love that stove! Sounds like you are keeping busy. :)

Dawn said...

Tammy I had noticed the stove on you last entry. It looks so country in your kitchen. I love the brick underneath it also. You have such great ideas! Dawn

Dawn said...

Tammy, a quick playlist question. I have made my playlist and can copy my code. where do I paste it to? On my dashboard and where? Thanks Dawn

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Tammy, your stove is beautiful!!
I would love to have one.
I am sorry to heat about Liberty too. I know how that feels. Big Hugs!

Tammy said...

Tammy, first of all, I'm just catching up once again...I immediately scrolled down to the post on Liberty and my eyes have tears...I'm so, so sorry about your family losing that sweet little dog!
(((HUGS)))

Your country cook stove is just adorable- wow!

Leslie said...

Cool! That is really awesome!

My step mom's mom has an old cookstove, just the stove, not the back part in her kitchen and an old hoosier! The first time I walked in there, I was in heaven :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy~~~
Thanks for the Congrats!! LOL!!!
How COOL was that huh????? Man I was in SHOCK!!! LOL!!
Who knew!!
Love your blog and would like to exchange liks with YA!!!!!!!!!
Many Blessings........
Lori Hull

Julie said...

I love your stove. How fun to have something like that. Have a great day. Julie

Cottage Rose said...

Your stove is just divine, I love it, and I would take it with me too. Love the way you have it decorated. Thanks for sharing again.
Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I am still in love with this stove!!! Oh you must enjoy making your families meals on it!!! Have a great night!!~Wendy

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I love your kitchen stove! I remember my great grandmother having a stove on the plan of yours, only she had to use wood in hers.. I thought hers was pretty neat looking back then, when I was a little girl.. I saw one like yours in a decorating magazine a few years back and thought to myself, how neat it would be to have one like that in my kitchen! Maybe someday I'll have one on the plan of yours Tammy, as I totally love it!!

Blessings,
Lynn/OKC

Andrea said...

That is an awesome stove! And I love all the decor on it too!

Andrea

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Tammy the stove looks so great, I would love a stove like that. Great job with the muffin tin! I love to decorate with muffin tins!
Blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I want a stove like that so bad....next time I need one.....
Love the muffin tin. I have a prim one that only makes 6 muffins and it has baling wire and a tin star. I ought to put that out,huh?

Shay said...

Oh WOW Tammy!! That is so beautiful!! I love, love your stove!! :) Have a wonderful day!!