Saturday, May 18, 2013

♥ Kildeer Babies ♥

Remember our mama kildeer sitting on her eggs in our driveway?   Bless her heart, she stuck with it through a BUNCH of rainy cold days.

Well, we managed to protect them from folks pulling in and out of our driveway, and we were watching them closely counting down the incubation days, so we wouldn't miss them.  I knew they wouldn't stay around long.  On exactly day 28, two babies made their debut into this world.  They chose the perfect day......a Wednesday..... because all my piano students were able to enjoy this lesson in nature with us!

Here they are not long after they were born.....being so still while being photographed by this intrusive human.




And within just hours later, they were strutting around the yard.



With their cute little legs carrying them as fast as they go, squawking the entire time and with enough instinct to get away from that lady with the camera, they hurried away in the opposite direction of me.  And then mama squawked a series of squawks to guide them back to her.

One was a little shy......choosing to try to hide from me.....



And the other one chose to high step it away from me....as quick as those little legs would go.  :)



They only stayed over night, and then they were off on their own new adventures.  :) 

What a nature lesson God provided for us! 


♥ Tammy ♥

 

7 comments:

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Oh my goodness they are so super cute!! How fun you were able to be there when they hatched!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow- I'm glad you spotted her in your driveway...I've never seen that before! Cute little ones.

Penny said...

LOVE this post! They are so cute..those little babies! And how wonderful that not only you got to see them, but that your piano students did as well! Enjoy the weekend,
Penny

Susannah said...

Hi Tammy, Those birds are different and cute anyways but the babies are adorable. I'm glad your kids and the piano students got to see a lesson in life. Have a wonderful and fun weekend!

Susannah

Jill said...

They are darling! I'm so glad you were able to get these great shots. Love that little shy one.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Tammy, My daughter has lots of kildeer nests and babies in her yard. We get them here occasionally, I always know they are near by their distinct call. How fun for you and your students.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Unknown said...

Amazing post very nice blog, this information really helped me, thanks for posting. . .
movers and packers Pune.