On Pinterest, I have a board entitled Love to Learn where I have pinned ideas (mostly for Luke) that make learning fun. I knew when I saw this idea awhile back that he would love it. We could make a game of learning numbers using his cars. And it’s so simple. Here’s the pin from Pinterest:
I didn’t have a poster board on hand but I did have a piece of cardboard, so we used that. It’s nice and sturdy for lots of play too.
|Luke added a few of his own pen marks. I think he was tracing a path. :)|
Luke knows his letters and letter sounds, but he doesn’t recognize his numbers yet, so I knew we needed to work on that. So I measured the board and marked off enough “parking spaces" for the numbers 1-10.
|Excuse the sheets in the background. We're working on our staircase and have our furniture covered.|
Now you’ll notice that one side is covered. I realized that I was showing him too many at one time and that we needed to focus on 1-5 before we worked on 6-10, so I told him they were doing construction on that side of the parking lot and we could only park on this side. He was okay with that. :)
We played it many ways. I would ask him to pick a car and park it in a certain parking space. Then I would let him say which one his car wanted to park in. Then when they were all parked, I would make up reasons why they needed to leave, such as “the car parked in parking space number 5 needs to get to work”, or “that motorcycle in parking space number 3 needed to get home and get supper ready”. And so on. He never tired of it. I tired of it long before he did. And he has played with it on his own many times since!
He’s still working on 1-5, so we still have construction on the other side. But I’m promising this when he learns all of them (another pin from Pinterest): A car wash!
So what about you? Have you pinned something on Pinterest and made it or tried it? It can be anything you’ve pinned and actually followed through with, made, or tried………whether that be a recipe, a craft, a sewing project, a photography tip, a home decorating idea, organizational idea, home improvement project, exercise routine, household tips, a purchase, anything!
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Just grab the button code from the top of my blog on the page entitled buttons and link your post back here.
Thanks for stopping by today, whether you’re participating or just enjoying the pins! Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥