Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Are Blessed

Those three words pretty much sum up our lives (my family's life that is).

I ordered these blocks from Kindra.....3 Guys, a Girl, and a Prim Place. She opened her new Etsy shop a few weeks ago, Mommasprimitives. I had my eyes on both of her block sets that she had on there....these and the country bath ones. These blocks just said so much that I decided on these first. (Hey, my bathroom just might be next on the redecorating list!)

I placed my order and couldn't wait to get them in....which was a very quick delivery by the way! Kindra's definitely got it together! And when they arrived and I opened my box, she had them all tied together with a piece of homespun and the sweetest "tag" note attached.



Isn't that sweet? Thank you so much, Kindra!

Here's the blocks....just perfectly prim!



I couldn't decide whether to put them in my dining room, on my sunporch, or in the living room. In the end, I decided on the living room. The deciding factors were that they simply just stood out great on those crates and I loved that it made such a statement in the room that people usually come into first in our home. Since I'm a piano teacher, while moms are waiting on their children, they usually sit on the couch. It's a perfect "bird's eye view" to the blocks.




After all, if there's one thing I want everyone to know about us, it's that WE ARE BLESSED.....and for that I am so thankful.

14 comments:

Heather Graves said...

They look Darling in your crate! She does a Fab. job, I'm eyeing her name blocks for my 3 kids.

Kindra said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like your block set, Julie!! They look so great in your home!! I just knew you would find a perfect spot for them in your prim home!!

Now do I need to send you business cards to give all the moms of the piano students? :)

Thanks for posting my creation. It means a lot! Have a great evening!

Deb said...

Hi Tammy, I saw the blocks at Kindra's etsy site. I ordered a custom sign I haven't received it yet, but I can't wait. I love where you decided to put your blocks, just perfect. Deb

Gettysburg Homestead said...

The blocks look like they belong there and have always been there.

AHHH I remember the days of piano lessons. I took them for 9 years. I don't have a piano now and still can't perform in public :-)

This Country Girl said...

Sure, Kindra, send the business cards on and I'll be glad to hand them out for you! :)

You're very welcome. I really do love the blocks! Thanks so much!

Tammy

Rosemary said...

I love the blocks! And they look great sitting in your crates.
Thanks for sharing your home with us!

Jo-Anne said...

Oh, they are adorable. They look perfect just where you put them. What a great reminder to help us remember the Lords hand in our lives!
Love your blog! :):):)

Wendy said...

SO your the ONE who ordered these!!! I was looking at them and went back to order them and they were gone!! Well I'm glad you got them!! Kindra is so talented and so SWEET!!! I ordered name blocks and can't wait to get them!!!
No there are no birds yet but I have heard them alot in the trees out there so their probably scoping it all out!!:0)....Stay cool and your so right WE ARE BLESSED!!! Have a great day!~Wendy

Colleen said...

I love your display, Tammy! Isn't Kindra just the best? Kind, talented, and so sweet. I enjoyed getting yet another peek at your home.

Have a great day :)

Primgal55 said...

Hi Tammy,

OMGoodness - we both got Kindra packages today!I love your new set and they are perfect where they are. I'd love to see more of your room - the crates are kewl!

I ordered some custom 'seasons' blocks. A sign with the name of the season and a smaller one with design for the season. I am going to post about them tomorrow probably. I have been touching paint inside and out today and changed the color of the master bath medicine cabinet from a old sage green to a dark barn red - finally. I have had the Old Century paint for awhile and since i had it out for the touch ups, I finally got to the cabinet.

Your pie sounds perfect - I need to try that too!

Stay cool!! hugs, Linda

Julie said...

Looks so cute!! Kindra is awesome. I have two of her creations in my home now. Love them!! We are blessed, too, and one of my blessings is meeting all my new blog friends--you are all so wonderful!! Have a great day. Julie

Katy said...

I LOVE them!!! love love love love them!!!! (can you tell i LOVE them? LOL) I love where you put them too! They look awesome! :)

Cora from Nelia's Primitive Place said...

They are just wonderful, and you displayed them just perfectly!!!!! Now I'm going to have to go look!!!!! Cora

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

Oh those look perfect in those crates. The entire setting is so attractive. Love it!

Blessings,
Lea