Saturday, June 28, 2008

God Bless Our Troops

I'm going to be away from the computer and blog world for a few days...until Thursday night anyway. I'll be "roughing it" with my daughter at church camp this week. If you remember church camp dorms/cabins, beds and showers at all, you'll know what I mean. But I go simply because I can't bear to "send" her (overprotective I know). Jason did his time at cub scout camps with Colt, so it's my turn now! (He was still going with him even when Colt was in his teens!) I know we'll have a great time this week and that we'll be blessed and I hope and pray we are a blessing. Please remember us in your prayers (and my men here at home while we're gone).

Knowing that I would be away, I couldn't think of a better post to leave with you than a tribute to our troops, especially for this week as we celebrate our freedom. As you know from an earlier post, my brother, Richie, is serving our country. I'm going to leave you with these pictures of him, his friends, co-workers, my friends' sons, among others. This is just a little fraction of the men and women that serve our country everyday! They sacrifice more than we'll ever know or realize just to secure our freedom. Please leave a comment for these guys (and girls) to see and let them know that we love and support them and pray for them. I know they will greatly appreciate knowing they are greatly appreciated!

God bless you all that I've met since I started this blog in May! I'm going to miss visiting your blogs everyday and leaving you a comment. I look forward to "talking" with you soon when we get back from camp. I hope you all have a great week too!

Now to our troops....God bless our men and women...everyone of you....serving our country, the great U.S.A. I thank you so much for being THERE....so we can be HERE.....FREE. I pray and ask God's blessing and protection over each one of you (and your families back at home)!

Turn your speakers up and enjoy the music too!


Richie's Unit


My brother, Richie (new hairstyle)


Daniel


~ Psalms 91 ~ He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely he shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence.



Richie


BJ




Richie


He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the petilence that walks in the darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.


Daniel


Richie, Brian


A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, And see the reward of the wicked.


Jeff, Jamie, Fred & Richie


Daniel


Because you have the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you. Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.


BJ's Unit


Fred, John, Richie


In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.


Richie


Jeff, Jamie, Fred & Richie
Packages delivered after a dust storm...they said it felt like Christmas!


BJ


He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation." ~ Psalms 91:1-23


Daniel


Terry, Nicholai, Richie


Here's a link to Fallen Heroes. It's a sobering account of every soldier we've lost during this war. They gave their lives for our freedom. Each one was someone's husband, wife, son, daughter, mom, dad, brother, or sister. I honor these today too. Thank you to all of those families.....their sacrifice (your sacrifice) is not forgotten....


In memory of Matthew



In memory of Jonathan






GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

20 comments:

Daffodil Hill said...

On behalf of Jonathan and our family, THANK YOU! What a beautiful tribute! I have tears in my eyes. Have a great week at camp. : )

Tammy said...

Beautiful tribute, Tammy...thank you for this moving post and reminding us to pray for those troops and their families (like you!)

Have a great week camping!

~Tammy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Thank you to your family for what you go through when your loved one is away protecting us. What a lovely tribute.

I'll miss you while you are gone but enjoy that special time with your daughter - and have fun,

hugs, Linda

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thank you Tammy for a beautiful post and yes, for reminding us to pray for them! Have a great week with Joy:)

*Rondell*

Shirlee said...

What a lovely post to pay tribute to your country's troops.
Have a wonderful time at camp and "see" you when you get back.

ps. thanks for the info on the cobbler. I'm going to keep checking for blackberries at the grocery store. :)

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a great tribut to the men and women that fight for our country. I am so thankful for each and every one of them.

Have fun on your camping trip. I went to church camp when I was 12 and got very home sick...I have good memories but also bad ones.
:( My husband went and loved it! I see they send kids when they are much younger and will have a hard time sending my boys. So I'm sure I will be going with them when the time comes. For my sake. Have a great time! We'll miss ya!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What a beautiful post, Tammy. I couldn't agree with you more!

Have fun with your little sweetie. Can't wait to hear about it when you return!

Happy Camping!

Jo-Anne said...

This is a very touching post...thank you. I am the daughter of an USAF pilot who served 2 tours in Vietnam.

Have fun with at camp. (I am going with my daughter, too. We leave on the 7th of July!)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Have fun Tammy!!!

Believe me I never forget what these men and women are doing for all of us. You did a great job though on this post!

Mary

Jill G. said...

Oh Tammy, what a wonderful blog entry!!! very appropriate and very moving. We have friends who's 19 year old son is there and it is hard. We have learned to watch what we say and dont talk about the news!! It is their oldest child (of 3) and hard for them. My son is best friends with their youngest son so we have become close friends.
Anyway, have a great time at camp, I didnt like it and was very homesick also. I had to clean the latrine!!! yuck!! LOLOL

Angie said...

tammy,

not a day goes by that i don't stop and think about the cost of our freedom. i think everyone knows someone who has a loved one over there now or someone who has lost someone serving our country. this post and the comments before mine warm my heart...i hope many more know to never take for granted the courage and bravery of our military...freedom isn't free...we put out our flag every morning and say a prayer that all soldiers and their families are watched over until they are brought home safely. God bless the U.S.A. and the gift of freedom.

~Angie

p.s. i miss ya already....but know you are making great memories...hoping you aren't gettin too many skeeter bites!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Have a fun a Camp, hope you touch many hearts!

Thank you guys and gals all of you who serve for this country.
May God bless you and keep you safe from harm. And Bless your families who have to be without you. Hugs to ya all!

Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute =D have a great few days at camp!

lms said...

life goes bye and we sometimes forget to remember all the wonderful men and women that are fighting for our freedom...i have a close friend who lost her 22 year old son in iraq....thanks so much for this post...it really touched my heart...lin....p.s...hope your camp days were great

HouseholdWords said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of this in dedication to our troops!! Bless your heart..

Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Paula said...

Wonderful post, Tammy... I think about the sacrifice these men (and women) make every day for us.
Hope you have a wonderful time at camp! tee hee

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Such a wonderful tribute to your soldiers and all soldiers. They all deserve many, many thanks and all our prayers.
Many blessings :) enjoy camp!

Sandra said...

Beautiful post Tammy, I just found you through Stephanie at Hearts of Hartmann. I'm an Air Force Wife so this post really touched me, thank you again and thank you to your brother and the other soldiers who serve with my husband :)

God Bless You,
Sandra

Tammy said...

What a great tribute to our servicemen and women. I found your blog through Lisa, Blacksheep Prims Homeplace.

I would like the Thank All the men and women who fight hard everyday so that we all may live freely. I pray that the Lord will protect them and keep them safe from harm. I pray for the families who have lost loved one, and for those who have yet to come home. May the Lord Bless you all.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

This is so beautiful, Tammy! I love the scriptures that you included and prayed them as I looked at each soldier's face. I am so thankful for these dear, brave souls.

Blessings,
Lea