This week I have yet another recipe to share. It's called Meatball Sub Casserole.
Here's the pin from my What's For Dinner Pinterest board:
|Source: Gooseberrry Patch|
Meatball Sub Casserole
1 loaf Italian bread (cut into 1-inch thick slices)
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 t. Italian seasoning
1/4 t. pepper
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1-lb. pkg. frozen meatballs, thawed
28-oz. jar pasta sauce
1 c. water
Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings; spread over bread slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; set aside. Gently mix together meatballs, spaghetti sauce and water; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 4.
Words from Tammy - The only changes I made to this was that I used Italian meatballs instead of regular ones. I thought Jason would like those meatballs and he did. He absolutely loved this dish! He said he'd give it a 9 1/2 on a scale of 1-10. I liked it but would have liked it better with regular meatballs. Oh, and I think this feeds more than 4.....unless you eat really big helpings!
I almost forgot to get a picture of ours. It was on the table and already being served before I remembered, so you get a picture of part of a Meatball Sub Casserole. :)
Now I hope you can join the party this week! If you're just stopping by to visit and gather Pinterest ideas, that's okay too! Gather away! :)
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥