Today, for Pinned it, Made it Monday, I'm sharing another recipe from my What's for Dinner Pinterest board that I tried for dinner one night last week. It's called Taco Pasta Bake.
Here's the original pin:
|Source: Valerie's Kitchen|
Taco Pasta Bake
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry pasta of your choice (campanelle, fusilli, penne, rigatoni)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared taco seasoning mix (see my recipe here)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, mild
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot, boil pasta a couple minutes shy of package directions.
Coat a large pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook ground beef with onion and garlic, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks, till no longer pink. Drain grease from pan and return to heat. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix, beans, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine and allow to come to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
Drain water from the pasta and return the cooked pasta to the pan it cooked in. Add meat mixture and 1/2 cup of both the shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese (1 cup total). Mix well.
Transfer mixture to a lasagna pan or large baking pan that you have coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with chopped green onions. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till heated through and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve with sour cream.
Words from Tammy - I only used 1 lb. of ground beef, instead of the 1 1/2 lbs. I used 2 Tbsp of garlic powder instead of the 1 Tbsp of minced garlic. And I didn't have cilantro, so I left that off (which was just for topping). Everyone just added sour cream to their liking. We liked this and I will be making it again. To my personal serving, I added a little Italian dressing. I think it would even be good to add a little before cooking it, but that might not be everybody's cup of tea.
Do you have something to share that you've tried from Pinterest? We'd love to see it!
To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:
1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.
2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.
3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.
4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!
5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥