Monday, January 7, 2013

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 22 ~

I’m back! I can’t believe it’s been a little over two weeks since my last post. It’s been a busy, but wonderful past couple of weeks. We spent almost a week out of town right after Christmas, and then coming home and taking down all the Christmas décor. Now it’s time to get back into our “life routine” with homeschooling starting back today for us.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and I wish you a Blessed New Year too!

I’m ready to get back to Pinned it, Made it! Monday after taking a couple weeks off from that too. I hope you can join me today! :)


I have a Pinterest board just for breakfast recipes and that’s where I pulled the recipe that I will be sharing today, breakfast pizza. We actually had it for supper though. It was really good! I will be making this again!

Here’s the original pin:
Source:  myrecipes.com



And the recipe:

Breakfast Pizza

1 (8-ounce) can reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
Cooking spray
12 ounces turkey breakfast sausage 
1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper 1
(8-ounce) carton egg substitute
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375°. Separate dough into triangles. Press triangles together to form a single round crust on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.

Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.

Top prepared dough with sausage, potatoes, and cheese. Combine milk, salt, pepper, and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Carefully pour milk mixture over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.

Enjoy!

**Note from Tammy **   I used regular pork sausage and eggs (not egg substitute) because that's what I had here.  The way I decided how many to use was to see how many ounces my package of eggs were (I had a dozen pack....can't remember how many ounces that was) and divided that by 12 and then used the amount closest to 8 ounces.  However, I would do one egg less than that because it ran over just a little in my stove. 

Here’s ours:

My pizza stone is well loved and used.....can you tell?  :)




Now it’s your turn! I'd love to see what you’ve been up to…….won’t you join me today in sharing something you’ve pinned and made/tried/created from Pinterest?


To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.

2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and not giving up on me after a 2 week absence! I’ll be back soon with some pics from Christmas.

Have a great week! Happy Pinning and Creating!  :)

♥ Tammy ♥

19 comments:

LynnMarie said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. And Welcome back.

Sandra said...

My pizza stone looks the exact same way :) Hope you have a great week.

Karen said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to pin this and try it sometime :) Glad you had a nice Christmas vacation. Welcome back!

Amy @ Just Being Me said...

Delicious looking! We love pizza at our house. Going to have to try this.

Patty Sumner said...

That looks yummy Tammy! So glad you are back. Excited for this New year! Blessings!

Wendi said...

Welcome back! I'll have to make that one Saturday. Hubby would enjoy it.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Joining up with my frugal challenge. Thanks for hosting. Back to the old routine now.

Blessed Beyond said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. May have to try it this weekend. Have a wonderful week! Hugs and Blessings.

cucki said...

Looks so yummyyyyyyyy :)
Love for you deary x

Beth said...

Looks and sounds delicious!

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Breakfast pizza....sounds a bit strange at first, but it was good, right? :)

Love you! 8! :)

Love,
Joy :)

Michelle said...

My stone is well loved too! Have to give this one a try.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! We would love this so much. Thanks for sharing. I wish you and your family many blessings in the new year. Take care.

Mary Ann said...

Yum! That looks delicious! Thank you for hosting again this week!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

We love breakfast pizza. Might have to try this recipe too.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hello my sweet friend,
Oh...That sure looks yummy! Right now dinner is in the oven and my tummy is growling.
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
Blessings and thank you for your loving comment.
Carolynn xxx

Tanya said...

Hi Tammy,
I've been checking on you about every day and must admit...I've missed you! :0) So glad you had a great time off and enjoyed some relaxing and getting stuff done. BUT glad you are back to routine!
We are back in routine too and must admit I was ready. School is going well and my little ones are glad to be back. Home routine is going great too. Having fun with my Lily-Jo and she is growing like a little weed.
I'll be back very soon to check in again!
Pizza looked awesome! We do breakfast for supper a lot!
Hugs,
Tanya

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison said...

Your breakfast pizza looks wonderful!