Tuesday, January 22, 2013

♥ Chats on the Farmhouse Porch ♥

I decided to pop in here at the last minute and join Patrice of Everyday Ruralty for Chats on the Farmhouse Porch today. It’s always fun!


Everyday Ruralty

So here we go!

1) Do you eat eggs? What is your favorite way to serve them?

Yes, I eat eggs. My favorite way is scrambled with ketchup over them. I find that some people think that’s gross. Is it a southern thing or just weird? :)  Anyway, that’s my favorite way. However, Jason loves them fried sunny side up best, so that’s how I serve them to him most of the time!


2) Do you have a favorite item that you really like having around? (a pillow, a chair, a sweater, a teddy bear, etc.)?

Not really. I like having my family around best. Other than that, I like having a book or a magazine with me. I carry one with me just about anywhere I go just in case I have a minute to read or browse!


3) Is most of the furniture in your home dark wood, light wood, painted, lacquered, or distressed?

Well I have a combination. I don’t care so much for dark wood, so I tend to have lighter to reddish tone woods. I have lots of painted furniture and I LOVE distressed furniture! I love a combination of painted distressed furniture with wood….that’s my favorite!


4) Please fill in the rest of this sentence. “I could write a book about _________________.

Well, I would love to write a child’s book. I don’t think I’m an expert enough at anything to write a book about anything, but it seems anything I tend to write comes from a country perspective or family and home….a family living on a farm, Amish, homeschooling, etc….. Guess it’s because that’s what I love and am passionate about!


5) If money and calendar/family obligations weren’t an issue, would you prefer to spend next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast, a posh hotel, a cabin in the woods, or on a sailboat on a calm body of water.

That’s the easiest question yet…..A CABIN IN THE WOODS!!!!   Big surprise, huh?  Second choice would be a bed and breakfast!


You can join the Chat on the Farmhouse Porch too and visit other folks that are joining in today by clicking on the picture above.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 

I hope you’ll stop by tomorrow to join me for a Sunporch Chat with my guests.........mother/daughter bloggers, Angela and Holly. You’re in for a double treat! 

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

♥ Tammy ♥

9 comments:

Wendi said...

I dip my scrambled eggs in ketchup. I will pretty much eat any kind of egg. I grew up on what my family called "dippy eggs." Dipping toast into the yolk. I haven't had one that way for years.

Have a great evening!

Unknown said...

Ok, it has to be a southern thing because that is the only way I will eat my scrambled eggs! Gross or not...they are delicious, right?
Enjoyed your chat too...I didn't know anyone could take advantage...
Hugs!

Patrice said...

I used to always eat eggs with ketchup. I'd prefer cheese melting on my scrambled eggs these days. I think writing a book for children would be fun. Have a good week.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Everyone wants to escape to the cabin. It's actually a great choice. Great answers!

Linking from Everyday Ruralty,
Ricki Jill

Tanya said...

Hi Tammy,
Loved reading more about you! I'm with Jason on the eggs! But I do like scrambled eggs with ketchup! And I got the Cabin one on you right! ;0)
Have a great week! You are such a sweetie to visit!
Hugs,
Tanya

Sandra said...

I love scrambled eggs with mayo lol

This was fun to read :)

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I love these! I need to try it sometime. :) I definitely think you could write a book! :D

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

cucki said...

...I love scrambled eggs :)
This was a fun post..
love xxx

Madonna said...

My cousin and her dad used to get eggs that way. I have never even tried them but as I get older my tastes change so who knows maybe one day.