Friday, January 18, 2013

Faithful Friday - "Being Content"

It’s already Friday again. This week has really flown by. We had my nephew and his wife here with us most of the week and really enjoyed it…..we even took a couple of days off from school to enjoy our time with them. And then we had some bad weather, so we just sort of nested for a few days. But Friday means it’s time for Faithful Friday!



You know how I love the devotion book, His Princess (Love Letters from Your King) by Sheri Rose Shepherd……..well I read this devotion yesterday and I thought I’d share it with you today. Too many times in these days of internet where we can so easily see what others have or what they're doing, it’s easy to become discontented with ourselves, what we’re doing, or what we have, and that’s definitely not a good thing. So this is a great reminder to be content with the rich life that we are blessed with when God is our treasure.  :)

I hope you enjoy this………

My Princess………..
I Want You To Be Content

You were given My peace when you let Me into your life. It is possible, My princess, to enjoy your life with a peaceful mind and a contented heart. You have so much to look forward to when you’re settled in your heavenly home with Me. But for now you must remember that nothing you buy or collect will calm your spirit or soothe your soul like I can. You came into this world with nothing, and that is how you will leave it. Let Me do more than give you the good gifts this life has to offer. I will give you a place of peace decorated with delight and filled with memories that will be more cherished than anything this world has to offer. So let Me be your treasure, and I will give you a rich life that will become more beautiful than anything money can buy.

Love,
Your King and your Contentment

 
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
 
Philippians 4:12-13 (NIV)
 
 
******************************************************
 
If you would like to read more Faithful Friday posts, visit Joy here, and even better, we'd love for you to link up and participate.  Faithful Fridays are about encouraging others by sharing something from our Christian Walk. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!  :)
 
♥ Tammy ♥
 
 


12 comments:

cucki said...

Happy Friday dear x

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Friday Tammy, wonderful post......Hugs Francine.

Holly said...

Such a good reminder. Great post. Have a happy Friday. :)

Sunny Simple Life said...

Contentment is so important to be happy. I struggled for many years and still have to keep my eyes focused on the right things. Such a great post and important topic.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog. I am so glad I did. I love your blogs. You brightened my day.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Such a great post! I know we all feel discontented at times. That devotional book is great! :)

Thank you for participating, Mommy! I love you! 8! :)

Love,
Joy :)

LynnMarie said...

Thank you for the reminder that we have a King who gives us everything and we donot need to look to others for anything. Have a blessed weekend.

no spring chicken said...

A beautiful reminder that is certainly the heart of our Father...

Blessings, Debbie

Susannah said...

This really touched my heart !! Thank you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

Oh my, this hits home for me Tammy. I need to read and re-read this one often. Thanks so much for sharing.
Angela

arkie said...

We all need this reminder sometimes!