It's Monday which means it's also time for Pinned it Made it Monday. This week I'm sharing a recipe. It may be familiar to many of you, but it was the first time I've ever made them. And I have Luke to thank for that.
For this one, I don't have a particular pin that I used. I wasn't actually home when I picked up my ingredients. I remembered having pinned one on my Pinterest board and looking back at it today, it was a little different......with cream cheese added. I shall try that next time.
This time around, Luke actually saw the picture of cookies on the back of the M&M bag and asked me if I would make them, so I picked up the ingredients indicated on that recipe while I was out, and went by it.
Here's that recipe found on the back of the M&M bag:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cups M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, cream butter & both sugars until well belnded. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together. Slowly add these ingredients into the butter mixture and stir until combined.
4. Fold in the M&Ms and chill the dough for 1 hour or overnight.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a lightly greased tray, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-14 minutes for crispy cookies. Enjoy!
**I used self-rising flour thus eliminating the baking soda and salt. And chilling the dough is important to help form the dough making it easier to get into the heaping Tbsp for baking. **
These were great! We ate way too many! Next time, I think I'll try the one I have posted on my Pinterest board because it has cream cheese.....and cream cheese just makes everything better....fattening yes, but tasty!
Your turn now! Pinned it, Made it Monday is about sharing something you've pinned on Pinterest and tried out/made/created. I'm looking forward to you linking with me today! If you just stopped by for ideas, that's okay too. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great week! :)
♥ Tammy ♥