I was tagged by my friend, Kim, to tell six random things about myself. I recently did one of those, so if I keep telling you six-bits of information, you'll soon learn much more about me, won't you? I actually love doing these, because it challenges me to think about myself a little more....usually it's all about what I need to being doing or doing something for my family. So thanks, Kim, for thinking of me!
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post. Let each person know he or she has been tagged. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Here's what I came up with this time:
1) The first job I ever had was at Wendy's. I was sixteen. At that time, you had to wear a little smock type thing and a scarf bandana type thing around your head. Cute huh?
2) Before I go to bed, I go around picking up around the house...especially the living room...I guess I figure if I can have one room in order and tidy, I feel more in control. I love to wake up to no clutter!
3) It doesn't take much for me to tear up or cry watching a movie or reading a book that "moves" me or pulls at my heart strings. My family is used to this by now!
4) My daddy has always given nicknames to his kids, kids my mom kept growing up, and his grandkids. My nickname was (and is) Toots.
5) I don't feel complete when I leave the house (I feel "naked") if for some reason, I forgot to put on my earrings!
6) Jewelry is nice, but if my hubby wants to really make me happy, he knows all he has to do is build me something, or get me something that I love for my house!
And my Canadian blogging friend, Sandy, gave me the sweetest award, the Perfect Blend of Friendship.
On this one, I am supposed to answer these four questions....so here goes!
1) Do you have the same friends since childhood?
Some of them I am still in touch with and some I'm not...I guess I have a blend of new and old friends.
2) What do you value most about your friends?
That would probably have to be genuineness and loyalty.
3) Are your friends sounding boards?
Sometimes, but mostly my hubby and my mom end up being the sounding boards.
4) What is your favorite activity to share with friends?
Different for different friends...sometimes talking on the phone, sometimes shopping, sometimes homeschooling projects, sometimes decorating, sometimes just chatting online....
And now, I'm going to pass along this award to the same six ladies that I am tagging. Please take the award and if you would like to do the tag, please do so, and if not, that's fine too....I never want to burden anyone with anything! Feel free to pass the award and tag along in whatever way you like!
So here's my six:
1) Carolyn of Cranberry Crossings
2) Tammy of Lattes and Lollypops
3) Julie of Country Girl at Heart
4) Birgit of The Primitive Country Bug
5) Janae of Cozy Coops Corner
6) Wendy of The Cozy Yellow House
And now last, but definitely not least, Sandy at For the Love of Prims is also having this wonderful Christmas giveaway! She is drawing out a winner on November 15th! Hurry over and sign up....it's a very generous giveaway and it sure will put you in the Christmas spirit!