Monday, June 13, 2011

That's Our Boy!

Lowe's has become a well used word around here and a place we go.  Often. 

I've always loved the place because that's where my vision (or our vision) for a new room, a new piece of furniture, or new floor begins the journey to becoming reality.  :)

It's often even a place we end up at some point during our dates. 

Let's just say that we have LOTS of Lowe's receipts.   

Joy used to dread hearing that word.  The word Lowe's was enough for her to decide she was staying with Grandmama and Pop.  Over time though, she's become resigned to the fact that it's our way of life and she and Luke make the most of riding the blue carts in the most creative of ways.  She takes her notebook and pen for writing; and she even makes a few plans of her own while there from time to time. I would even say she may even like it a little now. 

I think Colt, the older he gets, is beginning to appreciate Lowe's.  I could very well see him going there alot in the next few years.....with plans of marriage in the not-so-far-away-future.

But our youngest has heard that word from his beginning of days in this world called the USA.  Luke loves Lowe's.  Absolutely loves going there.   He asks when we get ready to go somewhere (especially with dad), "we going to Lowe's daddy?"  

Here he is with his "truck" all loaded up headed home from Lowe's.  


When he gets home with his goods, of course he has to unload it all.  Just like daddy.



And of course, all that work calls for a snack. 



I think he's practicing...... so some day, he can build stuff for his mama!  :) 

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh that little guy is precious!!
I am like Joy I really don't care about going to Lowe's or Menards.
I do however go and follow hubby around.:(
Thanks for sharing

Wendi said...

Home Depot, Lowes, Menards... I love visiting them all! I always come away with an idea or two. That is one cute helper Daddy has! :)

Carmen S. said...

What a sweetie and my..he is growing so fast:) I love that he loves Lowes, LOL, maybe one day he will build his own house from materials from his favorite store:D

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Hi my mostest perfectest mama!

I love you!

8!

I love that look on Luke's face in the second picture!

I guess I'll admit that I don't mind Lowe's so much now!

This was a cute post!

I love you!

8!

Love,
Joy :D

Susan said...

Haven't been around for awhile. Your little boy is so precious!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Isn't he a darling? He's so stinkin' cute! You must be smiling all day, every day!
Sara got their immigration approval. Still hoping to go before years end.....
★Linda★

Amber said...

Love the pics of Luke! We end a lot of dates browsing through Lowe's too!! :)

jennifer768 said...

Lowes is a favorite of mine but not of hubby's because he knows that somewhere along the ride he will find out just what is on the honey-do list .LOL!

Your little guy helper is just adorable !He has stolen my heart .I love seeing pics of all the kids.Have a great week !Hugs,Jen

Tanya said...

Hey Miss Tammy,
I have missed you so much! I was so tickled when you posted your one about "HOME". I completely understand and agree! I've been so busy and it's been so hectic and crazy around here! ARGHHH...things are settling down and starting to enjoy summer! So glad to be HOME!
I've loved your posts on Luke's tape obsession and his love of Lowe's! How adorable! I so recall my 25 year old son using tape all the time! Made me giggle!
I'll be over to email you soon!
Have really missed you!

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh MY GOODNESS...he's getting so BIG, Tammy! :)
Cute as ever too!!!
I hope you and your family have a fabulous, FUN summer!!
((hugs))♥

Blessed Beyond said...

How cute!!! Love how much Luke loves going to lowes and practices!

Never So Simple said...

Luke and Joy are growing up so fast! I love the pictures of Luke and his work truck!

Donna