Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Day

When you're grown up, you appreciate your daddy even more. I'm thankful for the daddy I have. He's always been there for our family....always working hard to provide for his family.

When I was a baby, they tell me he was the only one that could get me to sleep at night...he had a certain rocking method. As a little girl, I liked to put on his boots and walk in them or stand on his feet while he walked or danced around with me. When I started playing the piano, he "suffered through" all that beginners practice, but loved it when I played Fur Elise...and he still talks about loving that song. When I was a teenager, he wasn't real easy on boys that came around. But when the one did come around that was "the one", it was important to me that I had my daddy's blessing...and I did.




Daddy is Pop to the grandkids and he's a good one too. They all have nicknames given to them by him (and so do my brother and me). He is a little bit of a push-over though when it comes to the grandkids.

As you know, my mom and dad live next door, so I'm blessed to have my parents close by. There's hardly a day that goes by that daddy doesn't stop by our house to bring in the mail and/or to say hi.

My daddy is the best and I'm blessed to have him! Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

I love you!
~ Tammy ~

12 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So sweet and you are certainly blessed to have him there with you! My dad has been gone for about 16 years now but it is amazing how I can still see his face in my mind, thanks goodness I can still do that:)
Have a great day,
Rondell

Cindy at Mountain Hollow said...

You are very blessed. I will have to admit I am jealous. I lost my dad when i was 14, 25 years ago but i imagine that he would have been a great grand-dad like yours is to your children. Have a great day!!!

Susan said...

Glad to read about you daddy and to know that you have been blessed with a great father. Enjoy the day. We are celebrating this evening with a cook-out at our daughter and son-in-loves.
Susan

arkie said...

What a blessing to still have both of your parents and that they live close by. I lost my dad 32 years ago. Miss him everyday.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat post, Tammy. I know your Dad is very special to you. You are SO fortunate to have them living next door. I wrote my post about my sweet Dad also. I miss him so very much.

Have a wonderful Father's Day and give YOUR Dad a big hug from me.
Hugs,
Betsy

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what a wonderful dad and very handsome in his day as well...bet he still is..:)

Never So Simple said...

You are so blessed to have such great parents. I wush I had that kind of relationship with my Dad.

Happy Father's Day to Jason.

Donna

Stephanie said...

Hi there... I was just looking at my daughters blog and saw you wondered where I was! Im here.... I had to start a new blog- my coworkers were reading the other one and being very immature about it. So, Im here and not telling there where I am! lol
Please come see me at my new one, I have missed reading your blog too!
By the way, I liked reading what you said about your Dad, thats so cool that they live next store to you!!
Have a great Sunday,
Stephanie

green gables girl said...

You and Joy both did the same thing on your blog for Father's day!Both of them our so very nice, and both your Daddy's are going to be very blessed.
I hope you had a wonderful Father's day!
LL (love, Lyssie)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Awesome blog post!

I wanted to comment on the barrel I have by my hoosier...I have boxes and on top newspaper as a filler for the apples and the apples I bought at Walmart!

Have a great Monday!
Rondell

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Tammy,such a cute picture of you and your dad...have a blessed week,Shelley

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Super awesome mommy,

Well, if that's true, then I guess I'm old, because I appreciate my daddy A LOT!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Pop is a great daddy.

Love ya!!!!! 8!!!!!

Love, Joy =D