Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer + Cousins = Fun!

Growing up, I always looked forward to the times we would go to Indiana and I would get to spend time with my cousins and have sleepovers at their house……or the times they would come to see us! We stayed up all hours of the night, told ghost stories, rode each other on the handlebars of our bikes, and stayed outside a lot! We have great memories!

Now all of us cousins are grown up and our kids are looking forward to spending time together every summer. Now they’re the ones making memories. I had so much fun watching them and hanging out with them.  And it's amazing how much each one of the girls look like their mother!  Wish I had a picture of all of us when we were little to compare!

The week before the 4th of July, Emmalee, Jessica and Tiffany came and stayed for about six days until we went to Alabama (and took them home). Well, all of them stayed six days except Jessica who went home earlier for a cheerleading camp.

The funny thing is the whole time they were here, we stayed up in The Cedar Loft. That’s SIX people in 600 square feet. :)  But you know, we really enjoyed it! It felt like we were on a vacation in a cabin, and I guess they might have thought we were crazy staying out there the entire time when we had a bigger house a few feet away!  :)  I also learned I could live in a small space and be happy!

So the girls did all the stuff girls do – they texted each other…………… when they were 2 feet away from each other.

Jessica, Tiffany and Joy - cell phones were never too far away! 
 

They played board games and giggled.

Jessica, Tiffany and Joy


They goofed off.

L to R - Tiffany, Jessica, Joy & Emmalee


They stayed up late.

They made silly videos.

They sang to the top of their lungs....and they danced.

They swam.











And while they swam every.single.day., I enjoyed a dry view perched high on the porch of The Cedar Loft (they were merciless on that lower deck, I tell you)! 


And they included Luke. Bless their hearts. And he enjoyed every single minute of it!

Tiffany, Emmalee, Joy & Luke

They made me laugh…..alot! I really enjoyed it and I know Joy thoroughly enjoyed having them here. (And so did Luke). 

We hope it’s a summer tradition, because summer + cousins really does = FUN!

11 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Oh Tammy what a beautiful fun post.
I never had that kind of relationship with my cousins except for one that lived 5 hours away up north and we would spend a week up there on the farm, other than that our cousins weren't that close. You are all so fortunate.
On the other hand though my husband was VERY CLOSE to his cousins (all girls) and to this day we all get together at least once a month so it still goes on in our 'Winter' years.

Loved all the pictures.

Karen

My Colonial Home said...

..Maybe I should have said 'Fall Years' and not Winter Years....
I think we still have a few years on this earth...lol

Karen

Sandra said...

I LOVE that Tammy. I think it's one of the things I miss the most about being far from family, you know, the getting together and having fun :)

My kids miss their cousins so much.

Glad you're enjoying your summer :)

Lois Christensen said...

Can I come have a vacation and stay in your loft? Looks beautiful and like so much fun! Don't forget the linky party tomorrow!

Wendi said...

I have so many great memories growing up with my cousins. So happy that Joy and Luke get to experience it.

Enjoy your day!

Jen's Farmily said...

I used to love visiting our cousins when we were younger! I love that you guys are still keeping your kids close too, that's awesome!

It looks like the girls (and Luke!) had a lot of fun! Why part of Indiana do you go to? We live in the Southern area!

Paula said...

This looks like so much fun, Tammy~ and it reminded me of when I was their age and me and my cousins got together! We loved to act goofy (we still do) but we had so much fun!

Hollie said...

What a wonderful time I'm sure!! I can't think of a better place to be than the Cedar Loft.....after all love grows best in little houses!! Love seeing all the pictures!!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what fantastic memories..I never did any of that..the only time I saw my cousins was at family reunions or funerals..till I was old enough to drive..it would have been nice to have the memories and fun that your kids are having..and what fun in the cedar loft..a Staycation..thanks for sharing.;)

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I had so much fun! Can't wait for the girls to come back next summer...especially Mrs. Booger. LOL!

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Farmchick said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Such fun to have cousins. :) Thanks for stopping by too. :)