Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 1 ~

I’m so excited that you’ve joined me today for my very first Pinned it, Made it! Monday.


If you’re wondering what Pinned it, Made it! Monday is all about, it’s really simple. It’s motivation and encouragement to share something that we’ve pinned on Pinterest and then actually followed through with! I mean I have way more pins than I will ever hope to actually follow through with and make, use, or try, but hopefully by looking forward to sharing here with you on Mondays, it will help me along with my follow-through! I hope it will do the same for you! Besides, I can’t wait to see what YOU’VE been pinning and making! I just love Pinterest!

It can be anything you’ve pinned and actually followed through with, made, or tried………whether that be a recipe, a craft, a sewing project, a photography tip, a home decorating idea, organizational idea, home improvement project, exercise routine, household tips, a purchase, anything!

I really don’t want to be the only one sharing here. So I’m imploring you…..please join me! It will make me very happy!

Now for what I have to share.....Ice Cream Sandwich Cake.  Just the name of it is enough to let you know that it's going to be good, isn't it? 

Here's the pic from my pin on Pinterest:

Recipe from Wendy G. and pinned from thyhandhathprovided.com

Not only did I pin this and make it, but I've made it three times already.......twice while in Alabama and then again Saturday.  In Alabama, it was a big hit at our family gathering.  So much so, that they were calling it "the no-good ice cream cake".  That was supposed to be so no one else would eat it and leave more for them, but the plan failed.  :)

Saturday we had it again when Colt and Amber and my mom and dad came over for hamburgers.  It was a nice cool dessert for a hot humid day.

Now this is not a low budget or low calorie dessert but it's most definitely a delicious and an easy one to prepare.  The most time consuming part about it is just taking the wrappers off the ice cream sandwiches and reeses cups!

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake  

24 ice cream sandwich bars
16 oz  Cool Whip
jar of caramel sundae topping
1 pkg of mini reeses cups




First of all unwrap your ice cream sandwiches.  Unwrap your reeses cups (we used a total of 36 of the little ones).  Cut those 36 in fourths and set aside.

Layer one box of ice cream sandwiches (it only takes 11 per layer for me, so I had helpers to take care of the extra ice cream sandwiches).  As you can see, you will probably have to trim the last few for a good fit.



Then add half the cool whip spread across.  Swirl half of your caramel topping over that.  Add half of your cut up reeses cups.



Then you just layer it all again one more time in the same order, same way.



Freeze for a few hours (or overnight is even better).

When you're ready to serve it, depending on how cold your freezer is, you may need to let it thaw for about 10-15 minutes on your counter before serving.


Enjoy! 

I'd love for you to follow me on Pinterest.  The link button to follow me on Pinterest can be found to the right on my sidebar.  You can find this recipe on my Pinterest board, Sweet Treats.


To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1)  Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below..

2)  I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4)  Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here!  :)  We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5)  By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.


See, it’s very simple! This is going to be fun! Let’s get started! And thank you, in advance, first of all for stopping by here today, and second of all, for participating (if you decide to do so).

If you have any questions about how this works or just a question in general, drop me an email here.

Have a wonderful day! Happy Pinning!

♥ Tammy ♥

14 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a great idea! I'll have to come up with something and actually TRY it!

arkie said...

I am rusty at doing posts. I may not have done this right. If so, please feel free to delete and I will try again. Thanks!

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

I participated! Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Trace4J said...

Oh yum..I've made something close to this but never used reese's. My 20yr old son loves reese's I will have to make this one for him for sure. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs & JOY
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Allison said...

It looks good Tammy!! My kids would love it.

Lois Christensen said...

I joined! Thanks for creating a great party!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Good Morning Tammy, this is gonna be a great party. You picked a good theme! Thanks for inviting me.
JoAnn

Sunny Simple Life said...

Okay I am all linked up. Isn't Pinterest just wonderful.

Tanya Breese said...

ha, i have that saved too! i'll have to try it out!!

jody said...

ah! yummmm! i will have to make this when i have some eatting help! enjoy your day!

bettyj said...

I make that cake, Tammy, but never with the peanut butter cups. I will try that next time. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for the prayers we all got there and home safely.

Annie said...

OK, that looks SO YUMMY!!!!! I am SO making that cake!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks so very good !!!!
Yummy....

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness! This looks so good, I will def. give it a go!

I'm swimming in boxes getting ready for our upcoming move, Hopefully next week I can find an easy one to share.