Friday, August 26, 2011

Faithful Friday - "The Church Keeper"

Today’s Faithful Friday post is a little on the lighter side. :)



We’ve been asking Luke if he wants to play the guitar, drums, piano, or sing at church when he gets older. He never wants to do any of those things. He wants to “teach the kids” like mama or be the M & M guy.

Let me explain.

The Sunday that Jason and I were on our little weekend retreat for our anniversary, the kids went to church with my mom and dad. That particular Sunday, the Pastor had skittles and starbursts on everyone’s seat. That came about as sort of a joke because the week before, our pastor said everyone was too quiet in the congregation and that we must not have had our skittles that morning. Well Mama said Luke ate his skittles and everyone else’s around him. And he refers to them as M & M’s. So, he decided that was what he wanted to be at church. The M & M guy.

The other thing he decided he might like to be is the church keeper. That one took us a little bit to figure out. We realized he was referring to our pastor. In his eyes, he was the church keeper. That makes sense doesn’t it?

So today you are being treated to Luke as The Church Keeper. He is preaching. And let me tell you…..our preacher doesn’t preach in this style. I have no idea where he got this style and all the animation. He is also throwing in random words, just for the sake of keeping it going. He talks about the Bible, Noah and the Ark, tanker trucks, people and animal in boxes, Grandmama, winter, sin, and more.

Oh, and he’s preaching from an insurance pamphlet. I guess he couldn’t find his Bible.

Enjoy!



*******************************************************************************************

If you would like to participate in Faithful Fridays, please grab the button and leave a comment on Joy’s blog, Doodlebug, and let her know that you are participating. We’d love to visit you too. And be sure and check out Joy's Faithful Friday post too. It blessed me. And I think you will be blessed too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable your son is. Isn't it great how the Word of God starts penetrating their hearts. Thanks for sharing.

renee said...

Very precious! I also read your last post too! What a fun thing! Thanks for sharing Tammy!
God bless.
Renee

sandy said...

That was adorable! He had been listening and watching....I loved the gestures as well. Perhaps God will lead him to be a minister!

Anonymous said...

How precious, we had a young man at our church last weekend (who was adopted by a christian family) give his testimony, he is now preaching but when he was a child he used to preach to his teddy bears etc. He said that isn't what he saw and recently he saw what he was preaching to as a child. God can and does call children, nurture him in God. The young man is now traveling in US and Canada sharing God and getting the church to come alive in Christ!

Kim said...

Tammy,
He is just to cute! My daughter and I have been following your blog since before you guys adopted Luke and it is just wonderful to see how much he has grown. I love it that you have planted in his heart God's word and now he wants to be a "church keeper" or "The M & M guy"(Candyman in our church). I love it!
God has blessed your family tremendously! Thanks for the blessing!
Kim in OK

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I've said it before and I'm saying it again!

My little brother is the cutest, most lovin'-est, awesome little brother!

"And uhhh...and uhhh...and uhhh...Grandmama."

Thank you for participating in Faithful Fridays!

I love you! 8!

God bless you!
Love,
Joy :D

arkie said...

How cute he is! Reminds me of my oldest son preaching to our other two kids and a couple of their friends. They used a doll cradle turned on its' end for their pulpit. I like the term "church keeper"! My husband is a missionary pastor. He really is a church keeper!

Simply Shelley said...

So cute....he will make a wonderful Church Keeper one day...blessings

terrypi said...

Oh he is absolutely adorable!!!

STITCHINPRIM said...

OH HOW PRECIOUS.. LUKE, THE CHURCH MAN. i LOVE THIS SWEET LITTLE BOY.
HE IS SO ANIMATED WITH HIS PREACHING.. LOL
DOES IT MAKE YOU WONDER WHAT HE WILL DO NEXT??/ I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE..

BLESSINGS
MAURINE

Never So Simple said...

Tammy,

He is so precious. Church has really made a positive impact on him. I loved his sermon.

I got your message and yes I felt the earth quake. I was at my desk and it first I though someone was running but the rumble and shakes kept coming. They quickly evacuated us from the building and shortly after sent us home. Now we are waiting for Irene. I hope all we get is a little rain. The stores were low on bread and luncheon meats. I guess if worse comes to worse we will eat peanut butter and jelly. :) I actually shopped for groceries and I hope the power doesn't go out. I will keep you posted if I am able.

Donna

retha said...

Maybe we can learn from him, that we can see something of GOD in everything we do not always to read it from the Bible.
As every one else already said; he is so sweet.