Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Hi everyone! This is Joy. Today, August 28th, is my mama's birthday!

People are always saying that we look alike (a LOT). I love that, but even more then that, I would love it if I could look like her on the inside! Mama has a beautiful soul--she amazes me with what all she does for us with no complaints, no grumbling, and no bad attitudes. She is a great cook and housekeeper, but more important then that, she's a woman of God. She follows Deuteronomy 11:9.

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

She takes every opportunity to teach us something about God and she's forever giving me her wise advice--I'm sure she's saved me from a lot of trouble through that! She's my absolute best friend here on earth. I kid you not! I don't think I could live without that lady.

We'll be working on the Cedar Loft until 5:30 or so this evening. After that, we'll be heading to a local (yummy) Asian restraunt to celebrate Mama's birthday!

One of Mama's baby pictures


The little lady!


First grade

Third grade


Fifth grade--this is my favorite picture!

Seventh grade

Her fourteenth birthday--just starting 9th grade. 

Earlier this year--the end of March, I believe.  So that would be five months before her 48th birthday.  I know, I know, she totally doesn't look it, does she?!

I thank God for you, Mama!

Happy birthday!  I love you!  8!

Love,
Joy

19 comments:

Blessed Beyond said...

Happy Birthday, Tammy!!!! I hope you have the BEST And and most wonderful birthday! And many more blessed birthdays for you!!!

What a sweet and special post from Joy!

I love the 5th, 7th, and 9th grade pictures! They really do look like Joy! :)

Hugs and <3

Susannah said...

(singing) Happy Birthday to you!!!!
Hope this year is one of the best and it brings you great joy and happines!

God Bless you, Tammy!

Carmen S. said...

Tell your mama HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! She's an amazing lady for sure and you two look SO much alike!!!!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Tammy!

Joy, you Do look a lot like your Mama, and your heart is just as sweet & beautiful. You are already a fine Christian young lady and I know your family is very proud of you.

Give your Mama a big hug for me, and enjoy this wonderful day together.

~Carolyn

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!

What an awesome post from Joy!

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!
Enjoy your day!

basketsnprims said...

Wishing you a very Happy and Blessed Birthday, Tammy. Such a lovely tribute from Joy ~ you two are truly such beauties inside and out!
big hugs,
pam

Elle Bee said...

Happy Birthday Tammy!! ♥

Penny said...

Happy Birthday Tammy!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday with your lovely family.... Joy is a doll!

You two look a LOT alike!!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Tammy. What a sweet post by Joy. She looks SO MUCH like you in the later pictures. Hope you have a great day! ~Karen

bettyj said...

Happy birthday, Tammy. How could you have anything but, with lovely person as your daughter. Hope it is day you'll always remember with love.
betty

Wendi said...

Joy, such a touching post!

Happy Birthday, Tammy! I hope it has been a great day.

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Tammy!!!!! I am right behind ya in October! You make 48 look good:):)

Loved it Joy!

Hollie said...

Joy-

You do have a wonderful mom & a great role Model! I know your mom is so proud of you as well as the other children!

Happy belated birthday to your mom!

Sheila said...

Happy belated birthday Tammy! What a sweet, sweet daughter you have. Loved the birthday post and I wish you many, many more happy and healthy birthdays to come!
Hugz,
Sheila

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet momma, Joy! Yep, you look just like her.
(Bet she's gonna LOVE you puttin' those old pictures on here! *hehe*)

Kim said...

Happy belated Birthday Tammy! What a sweet love letter from your daughter.
Blesses to you,
Kim in OK

Kim said...

Happy belated Birthday Tammy! What a sweet love letter from your daughter.
Blesses to you,
Kim in OK

Katy said...

happy tammy .Hope your b-day is wonderful. madelyn

Katy said...

happy tammy .Hope your b-day is wonderful. madelyn