Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Cedar Loft - Update #7

As you probably know from my last post, we took a little break to go to Alabama to see my new nieces this past weekend, so we didn’t get much accomplished since last week’s update for The Cedar Loft.

I did get the bead board that covers the kitchen bar area painted and distressed and Jason installed it. This is a photo of the living room side.  Oh, and you can see the painted door to the side.  That's the color all the doors will be.  It's called Brown Moss, but it's actually more green(ish).  I love the way the two colors compliment one another.  It actually even looks better in person than it does in the photo. 



The bead board is also on the backsplash area next to the bar on the kitchen side. In the background of this photo below, you can actually see more of the true color of the door.



The wood countertops will separate the red of the cabinets and the red of the backsplash, adding contrast, but we’re still working on them.  Here's a sneak peek:



Speaking of the countertops, they have certainly challenged us! Jason finally got them cut to fit properly. He has sanded and re-sanded. I’ve stained them and now we’re applying the layers of polyurethane, which is important for the protection of the wood since they will get lots of use. This is just time consuming. I’m not very patient either. :) There’s too much waiting in between staining and adding polyurethane and waiting for it all to dry! However, we hope to have the last layer of polyurethane applied and begin installing the countertops tonight.

I had hoped to have a picture this week of the bar countertop in place (it will sit right on top of the red bead board panel of the bar in the first photo above), but the best I can do is show you a picture of it on the sawhorses this week.



And that is where we are this week with progress on The Cedar Loft. Jason is off this Friday, so we hope to accomplish much: painting the doors (bathroom, laundry room and closets), begin hanging doors, getting the toilet in, and installing the countertops (which I think will make a BIG difference).

But…..we shall see! Sometimes our planning exceeds our follow through. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you all have a wonderful day!  :)

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Looking good!

Wendi said...

"Sometimes our planning exceeds our follow through." Ha! That explains things around my place perfectly!!

Everything is looking great. Are you taking reservations yet?!

jennifer768 said...

Everything is looking great! Love your color choices. Those counter tops are going to be fantastic against that red. Hugs,Jen

LynnMarie said...

YUP, I'm with everyone else here as well, looks great, when I sigh up to stay? Projects always take longer at this house as well! don't know why, it just does.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

It's making progress! I can't wait until it gets done. It's going to look SO cozy!

Keep up the good work. :D

I love you! 8!

God bless you!
Love,
Joy :D

renee said...

I think it's looking great! Hope you get all your stuff done that you wanted to. I love the red and the door looks nice too.
Hugs,
Renee

Never So Simple said...

Looks great Tammy! I am loving the red more and more! I can't wait to see the counter tops in place. You all have done so much in such a short time.

Donna

Tanya said...

Tammy,
It looks FABULOUS! So beautiful! What a wonderful addition to your home! It is going to be so fun to have that available for company! You and Joy will probably have a "girls" slumber party out there!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hollie said...

Coming together nicely! I can't wait to see the finished product!!