Today is my hubby's 50th birthday. Yes, he's 50 with a 2 year old! :) (We've decided that fact is going to keep us young)!
Jason was born in 1960. I thought it would be fun to see how things were in 1960, so I did a little research! Here's what I found out:
- The average cost of a new house was $12,700.00
- The average income was $5,315.00
- A gallon of gas cost 25 cents.
- The average cost of a new car was $2,600.00.
- A loaf of bread cost 20 cents.
- The average monthly rent was $98.00.
A few things have changed, haven't they?
I'm so very thankful that 50 years ago, a baby boy entered the world that God knew would one day be my husband. He's a Godly husband and dad and we love him dearly! I'm glad he's my man.
Happy birthday, Jason! :)