Friday, July 24, 2009

Faithful Fridays - "From My Heart"


I missed doing my Faithful Fridays post last week, so I'm really happy to be back at it this week!

Today's post will not be lengthy at all, but it is definitely something that the Lord laid on my heart to share.

In the society that we live in today, it seems like everywhere we turn, there is resistance against the family unit, and even Christianity. I am really burdened about this. There are so many families that are already struggling, whether it be financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc..., and that's hard enough for any family to deal with. It bothers me alot that there are so many obstacles in our society that families face and have to overcome. I see it around me and as I read blogs too.

In addition, I feel this same burden for our country, actually very strongly. I know this country is great, and it IS great because it was built upon Godly principles. I know you've heard me say it before, but it seems like things are slipping and declining so quickly, that I feel that we all need to stick together and unite in prayer.

So this brings me to what I felt like I needed to share today. As I sat in church a couple of Sundays ago, our pastor said something that hit me like a brick! He asked if we were spending as much time PRAYING for our leader(s) as we do criticizing them. Now I have to admit that I have my share of criticism for our politicians and leaders, and my faith in them has begun to slip even more. But since that day, I can honestly say that I have lifted them up in prayer more.....praying for them to become Christians if they aren't, and for them to make decisions based upon Godly wisdom.

I also am making it a point to specificially lift up families in prayer. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone that read this, just lifted up families everywhere in prayer, or everytime you visit a blog, just pray a prayer of blessing and protection (in every way) over that family?

I know this is a different toned post than my usual, but I can only say that it is with a heavy burden that I write it. Will you stand with me in prayer?

And I'm going to leave you with the scriptures that God gave me today to pray and on which to reflect.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 (NIV)

"........Don not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:15 (NIV)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

**********************************************************************************

Please continue to remember our friend, Richard, in your prayers. He had more blood work done, but was encouraged more by the last Dr.'s visit. They seem to think that sometimes these readings come back high. They've not heard back on these tests yet.

And thanks, from my heart, for listening and reading, but most of all for your prayers!

Blessings,
Tammy

15 comments:

Parsley said...

Yes. Pray for families and our country. I do find myself complaining sometimes about the direction our country is going but then I hear that voice inside me saying "Pray that they will have wisdom."

I'd like to invite you to enter my 'Happy give away". All of your readers are invited too. I love meeting new bloggers!

Christine said...

I just want to encourage you on your faithful stand. This is such a timely word for all. Just today I read the apostle Paul's 'prayer list' for 'those in power' and those who are persecuted for their faith and the peace of God to fill our hearts.

STITCHINPRIM said...

Hi Tammy:
Thanks so very much for your heartfelt post..I agree with you wholeheartedly about the condition of our country. It takes courage to stand against worldly conditions and we face them every day in one way or another.. You are to be commended for your testimony of your faith.
God will bless you for it.

On a lighter note, I would love to invite all who read this to enter my " Getting Acquainted Giveaway" for the next week it will be ending on July 30 th.
Just pop over to my blog ( Stitchins House of Prim ) and leave a comment and your name and I will add you to the list.

blessings,
Maurine

Elle Bee said...

Tammy, I can't agree with you more. I worry about the state of our country and our world. It makes me scared for my children. Thank you for the reminder to pray--the reminder that I should pray more than I worry! Beautiful post! Hugs, Linda

Never So Simple said...

Tammy,

I think we are all guilty of placing blame. I am sad our Country is struggling but I know we must all stick together if we want to survive this. I do pray that we all have a little peace and happiness in our lives.

I will keep your friend in my prayers and thoughts.

Donna

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Tammy, you are so right! Thanks for the reminder! While I do pray for our country regularly, I admit that I haven't exactly prayed for our leaders like I should. I will from now on. You are also right about the the family unit being attacked from every angle! I will also start lifting all families up in prayer as you suggested, and not just the ones I know.
Have a great weekend!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I do pray for our leaders. They have much to overcome. They are expeted to fix things that have been wrong for years. They need us behind them and praying for them indeed! Great post Tammy!!

hugs, Linda

Zaroga said...

Tammy... a wonderful post.

I do pray for our leaders and I also pray for each person and their family when I visit their blog.

Have a great weekend, Tammy.

The Gathering Room said...

Well stated Tammy...and I am guilty too. thanks for posting this.. all countries and all people need prayer right now.

ohiofarmgirl said...

Sounds like just what we all need to hear...our Pastor has been doing the fruit of the spirit..again..sometning we can all strive for. dianntha

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Amen - Our pastor has encouraged us so much to do this same thing. I try to pray each and everyday for our country and elected officials. I also do my share of complaining. Your pastor said it correctly, pray as much as you complain.

Our country is so pulling away from our Christian standards upon which it was built.

I am new to blogging but have read your blog since you began. Keep up the good work.

arkie said...

I so agree with your post! It is so important to make notes of the things we want to pray for each day. I can't seem to remember all the things I want to pray for if I don't write it down. It is also wonderful to look back at those notes and see all the prayers that have been answered and the ways God has chosen to answer those prayers. He always knows best.

Karen said...

This is so true, Tammy. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Karen

Jo-Anne said...

I would like to add a resounding "amen" to your post. Families are a big deal to us as well.We also pray for the leaders of the country and the churches in our prayers. We also remember all the missionaries that are serving throughout the world. To pray for others is such a simple act, but it has such powerful and far reaching effects. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't pray to our Father in Heaven! Thanks for this post, Tammy. It was great.Take care and have a wonderful day. :)

Anonymous said...

Good evening Tammy. Yes, I will stand with you in prayer. Great post! Thank you.