Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Best Buds" - Our Youth Praise Team (Video Clip)



If you've read my blog for long at all, you know that our son, Colt, is very much into his music. He, and his best friends, Matt and Samantha (who are a couple by the way), lead the music for our youth group at church every Wednesday night. They are responsible for choosing the music, practicing, and performing and/or leading praise and worship every Wednesday night. I try to go in with the youth when I'm not working with the kids in the back during Wednesday services, because I really enjoy listening to them and being involved with the youth service. This past Wednesday night, I brought along Jason's camera and took a video of them doing one of their songs. In this video, they are performing How Great Is Our God. Matt is on the drums; Samantha is singing lead; Colt is playing guitar and harmonizing with Samantha. On the songs that Colt sings lead, Samantha sings the harmony. And although, the guitar and bass guitar are Colt's main instruments and drums are Matt's main instrument, they do like to swap out occasionally and play the opposite instruments. I'm very proud of these three and the responsibility they take in these roles. All three of them have been blessed and honored to represent our state in the National Teen Talent - Samantha with singing, Matt with drums, and Colt with guitar. Thank you for allowing me to share this little video clip of them. It lasts a little over four minutes. I hope that's not too long to ask you to linger!

I couldn't end this post either without telling you that Samantha and Matt are Colt's best friends. I think it's really ironic that Colt and Samantha grew up together and were together alot from the time they were born until they were about five. Then we went to different churches, and Samantha and Matt knew each other through those years as kids. After that, we ended up at the same church with Samantha again and Colt and Samantha started singing together. Then along came Matt to that church, and the three of them became close friends, making music together, and Matt and Samantha became a happy couple.

Here's the three of them a few years ago on a youth trip. Matt was in his long hair stage! :)



Here's Colt and Matt (along with mutual friend, Corey) at Colt's graduation reception.


And here's Colt taking a candid shot with Samantha at a youth banquet. They're so used to me taking their picture any chance I get! (By the way, Samantha's grandma is my friend, Betty, in the Ozark foothills). I know Betty is sitting at her computer screen with a big ole' grin right now! :)


Now allow me to turn back the clock a little bit and show you just how far Colt and Samantha go back. Here they are in their Hawaiian outfits that Jason and I brought them back from Hawaii. (Samantha had taken a tumble and had a bruise on her nose).


Here they are one evening at our house. I love this picture! Don't you think Colt looks so protective?


Here's another one of Colt, Samantha, and my nephew, Trey. Those three could make some mischief! Who would know that almost 18 years later, they would be doing this exact thing, Colt and Trey with guitars and Samantha with a microphone?


I remember this day very well. Samantha's mother, Tracy, and I had bought these somewhat matching outfits and I invited them down to the house for a little mini photo shoot. They were up to their normal mischief, but you can't tell it by this picture.....they look so innocent. I love this one too! Don't you just love Samantha's hair?


I hope and pray they all three continue to use their talents to the glory of God and remain as close as they are now....best buds.

26 comments:

Zaroga said...

They sound wonderful!

It is special to have such a long friendship. They looked so cute in all of the pictures.

Tammy, please pick up the Lemonade Award at my blog: http://zarogasnook.blogspot.com/2009/02/award.html. I was just too sick to name specific names. You really deserve the award.... again and again.

Janene said...

Tammy~
That was a wonderful video clip...and the pics are such a wonderful tribute to friends growing up together!
Does it make you tear up when you go back and look at your children in their younger years? It always did that to me!
Their harmonizing together is awesome. I can tell you are very proud of him, as well as you should be...he is a great kid!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Tammy,
What a great post on friendship! They sound amazing, too.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Kim

CozyGirl said...

I loved the video ~ they sound wonderful ! That's so neat that they have known each other since they were little. I really enjoyed all the pictures too :-) Have a great weekend Tammy !
Janae

Sue said...

This was a wonderful video....and this song is one of my favorites. I sat here and cried. You have to be so proud that your child/children love the Lord and are serving Him even at a young age. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of them throughout the years.

Susan said...

How wonderful to have this history together and that you actually have all these pictures!! Nothing like long time friends.
Susan

Shelley said...

Hi tammy - I wasn't able to play the video but I'm going to try again later! It's lovely your son has these close friends that share his passion - I always admire musical talent!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What a sweet and wonderful post, Tammy. I so enjoyed ALL of your photos! There's nothing like having lifelong friends...

And what fun it was to catch up with you at last! Lots of GW treasures and more.

I hope you're all having a good week, my friend...

Anonymous said...

Tammy, you know I like all your blogs, but you must know this one is my all time favorite. You were right, I did have a big grin on my face. You know how I feel about my wonderful Granddaughter. I liked all the pictures you put on this blog. Thank you for including Samantha. Love You.

Betty

Blessed Beyond said...

Wow, thank you so much for sharing the video! It's truly awesome! How awesome that all 3 are using their talent together and for the Glory of God! It's beautiful! All the pictures are just darling! What a wonderful post today!
Hugs and Blessings

Tami said...

They are wonderful...what a blessing it is for them to all be such wonderful friends in Christ as well as buds!

Have a special day!

Anonymous said...

Tammy, that definately is a wonderful video clip of Samatha, Colt & Matt! They sang one of my most favorite songs that I love to sing, at church, at home, and also when I'm in my car too! Well, lets just say that I "try" to sing when it's being played! I can't even begin to carry a tune, especially by myself! I loved hearing Colt harmonizing with Samatha and playing his guitar and Matt's drum playing too! Thank you so much for sharing this video Tammy! It really touched my heartstrings, that's for sure! I will definately be sharing this video with Daniel! I'm sure he'll enjoy it as much as my hubby and I did!

That sure is neat that they've all been friends since they were little! I love all the darling picture's of them that you shared! How very precious, and the wonderful memories you all will always have!

That is so wonderful that they've been the one's to represent your state in the National Teen Talent!
That is fantastic!

Have a wonderful weekend Tammy!

~Lynn/Okc

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

I love it when friends stay friends so long like that. That's how I want friendships to be.

Love, Joy =D

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Tammy... I know you are proud of them, all three of them. It is amazing that they have been friends for LIFE--and are now dating. How special is that!!!!

Loved the video. Those three should do GREAT in the contest. It's an honor just to be included!!!! WOW--I can see that smile on your face right now.

Hugs,
Betsy

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

How wonderful! Just the story of their freindship is awe inspiring! And I enjoyed the video and all the photos very much. What a blessing that they are using their talents to glorify the Lord!

Happily Ever After said...

Hi Tammy,

This was wonderful. The harmony was clear and precise. It's such a blessing to see kids their age serving God. Too many kids are of the world never entering a church. This is actually a tribute to you too. The bible says train up a child the way he should go and he will not depart. It's clear to see that you have been an inspiration to your children and they are living by example. I'm glad that those three have ended up together. The talent they have been blessed with is evident. The pictures were so cute! Both of them were adorable.

Gigi

Never So Simple said...

Love the old pictures. My gosh Colt was such a cutie. I guess now I have to call him handsome. :) I think it's great they stayed friends. I think it's great what they are doing with their musical talents and I wish them the best.

Donna

Stacey said...

Hi Tammy, I have enjoyed spending time reading your blog. Your page is really beautiful and am glad that I came across it. I would like to extend a warm invitation to you to come over and visit my new prim blog at Farm Wife Primitives. It was just created this past week. I am very excited about sharing ideas and prim crafts with all of the prim lovers out there in blogland. :) I enjoy finding new prim blogs to follow, as well as having new followers.

The video clip was great! What a precious tribute to your friends. They are very lucky.

Happy crafting and blessings,
Stacey

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hey Tammy!
What a gret video clip!!
You had asked about the labels on my post..they came from susie at Yankee Lane Primitives. If you come back to my blog you can jsut click on her....she is one of my followers and it will take you right to her!
Hope your day is great! As always , thank you for your sweet comments!
Beth

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful video. They should be commended on thier committment to the youth. I help out with our youth group and I know that it's hard to committ sometimes with everything that goes on in life.

My daughter has a core group of friends form church and I'm so thankful for that. It's so important for them to have that support.

Rhonda

Mandy said...

Tammy, that is so awesome! I love to hear our youth praise and worship band. When Godly young men and women step up and become leaders like that, it just fills me with joy!

Love those pics of the "buds" when they were little!

Mandy

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

First off I LOVE that song so it was a great treat to hear it!! I also think its wonderful to see our youth loving and worshipping our GOD!!! My son was a guitarist for the youth band when he was a teen, then Steve and I were a part of the youth group for about 4 or 5 years, so this post was special to me!!:0) Thank you for sharing and I think its wonderful they are still great friends after all these years!!! Take care my frind!~Wendy

Denise said...

Tammy, listening to them and looking at the pictures gave me goose bumps. Their friendship is so special.

Hugs, Denise

Daffodil Hill said...

Love the pictures! They are priceless. How wonderful that these "kids" have remained friends for so long.

Thanks so much for your comments, prayers, and support! I deeply appreciate your friendship.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your blog on the kids....God is so good to keep all we've committed to Him...I know He has His hand on these 3 and our families...It is such a blessing to step back and see how they have matured in Christ and are surrendering their talents for His glory! Thanks for sharing your great memories!

Love ya...
Matt's mom...
Cheryl

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Tammy - what a sweet post of your children and of their friendships. May the Lord continue to bless them with their calling. Our praise team at church is incredible - the lives they have touched have been countless - I bet yours is the same. I wish them all the best. Cathy