Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thoughtful Gifts

I couldn't let time slip by without sharing some of the sweet gifts that I received during the Christmas holidays for our home.

First of all, Gina sent a box of goodies for our family which I showed you here.  One of those was the dance banner she made for Joy's room. 


We just got around to hanging it in its permanent place of honor on Joy's bedroom wall not too long ago, so I thought I would show you.  It's perfect for her room, and she loves it!  Thanks, Gina!  :)


Gina also made a quilted stocking for Luke that was so unbelievably close to the ones we already had for the rest of our family that it would be hard to know they weren't purchased at the same time.  I was so thrilled to get it! 


You see it?  It's the one at the very end (the slightly smaller one for our smallest family member).  Thank you so much Gina.  That was so sweet of you and our family thanks you!

My sweet blogging friend, Donna, has a heart of gold.  I received a little package from her with this cute prim stocking ornament in it.  I know Donna is having a hard time since losing her husband (and best friend), and for her to even think of sending me something with all she's going through, just blew me away.  Thank you, Donna.  


My blogging friend, and now family friends since meeting in China to get our children, Kim & Chuck, sent us this Christmas ornament which will be forever treasured. 


It obviously has special meaning to us.  We enjoyed spending time with Kim, Chuck, Kim's dad, and their new daughter, Shiloh, in Inner Mongolia, and made lots of great memories.  :)  Thank you, Kim!  We miss you guys!

And although she's not a blogging friend, I wanted to include a special ornament that I love this year......


This is our first ornament to have Luke added making us a family of five (minus our last name which is actually on the body of the sleigh)!  Colt's girlfriend, Amber, gave us this for Christmas and I love it!  Thank you, Amber!

Oh, and take a look at what I got for Christmas (one from my mom and one from Joy) that most people just wouldn't "get"..........I know there's not that many folks out there that would be as thrilled as I was to get these prim items!  I can't wait to decorate and display them! 



If anyone had told me that I would meet so many wonderful people and make so many blogging friends when I started this blog in May of 2008, I would never have believed it.....I remember wondering if anyone would ever even stop by my blog.  I'm so happy to have met so many sweet blogging friends and so thankful for you each and every "follower" and reader!  Your comments always make my day and put a smile on my face!  Thank you so much!

And today I wish you all a happy, healthy, prosperous and blessed-beyond-measure NEW YEAR in 2011!

~ Tammy ~    

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy 2011 to you and your family!!!

Debbie K

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Happy New Year, sweet girl!!
I wish you and yours EVERYTHING WONDERFUL in 2011--May your blessings be many...♥♥...may your heart always be full :)
(((hugs))

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy New Year and Blessings to you and your family! The ornaments were so thoughtful,it's nice to know people are keeping you in their hearts.It really is the little things tahat mean so much.The brown crock is wonderful.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Hollie said...

What wonderful gifts! Like you I'd love the prim gifts also. I feel the same way as you about my blogg & blogging friends! I'm so glad I found you & your blog! Happy New Year my friend!

Never So Simple said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. Love your goodies for Christmas.

Donna

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey there Tammy, I so love where you put the banner and it does look so neat in her room..does it glow in the dark for Joy? and that stocking looks right at home with the others..and love the prim items you received and love the ornaments and the one especially with you all in the sleigh..I hope you and yours have a wonderful new year and I couldn't have said it better about blogging and the kindness we bloggers share towards one another..its awesome isn't it!!!

renee said...

Tammy,
I wish your family the best in the upcoming year! You are all such a sweet group!
Have a great week.
Renee

arkie said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Love the family in the sleigh ornament!

Kim Turner said...

I finally got most of the 1900 pictures from China in Scrapbook...just have a little more to go. The best part was the memories on Inner Mongolia with you guys. It was magical!

Kim

Nancy M. said...

Awesome gifts! That stocking does look pretty much like the others! Glad it matched so well!

Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Happy New Year to you!!! We are so happy to have "met" you!

~ Melissa & Sofie

Annie said...

Wonderful, meaningful gifts Tammy!!!! Happy New Year to you all too!!!!