Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gifts From Sweet Bloggin' Friends & Some More Thrifty Finds

Usually I "get in trouble" if I wait too long to post on my blog from my friend Betty (the one we went to see this weekend). Joy calls her Aunt Betty and her husband, Uncle Richard. They're friends, but she's known them all her life and I've known them even longer, so they're more like family, thus the Aunt and Uncle names! Anyway, I was excused from posting on my blog since I was actually there, but she is always quick to let me know if I wait too long.....she's disappointed if she clicks on there and it's the same post. We're home now, and it's our Spring Break, so I don't have any excuses (that she'll accept anyway), so it's time for a new post! :)

I'm going to begin with the order in which these things happened. First of all, in one of my posts about a week ago, I showed you all some decorating I had done without spending any money....just moving things around and tweaking. Well in that post, I happened to mention that fact that I was eventually going to add some prim labels to my cheese crocks. Susan (Primitive Preacher's Wife) emailed me and offered some extra labels that she insisted she wouldn't use, and I graciously accepted. Susan and I have exchanged some emails and I've gotten to know the kind person behind this gesture a little more. Thank you Susan, so much, for passing these my way!



But...that's not all she sent me....that's what she SAID she was sending! When the box arrived, it was much too big for just labels! Inside it was also this rustic prim Americana flag.



Oh, how excited I was! I had just the spot for it!



Thank you, Susan, for both the labels and the flag! I haven't had a chance yet to get the labels on my crocks, but I'll be sure and show them when I do! This was so sweet of you!

Then this past weekend while at our friends house, we did a little shopping, and although I found some things I would have liked to have in a little shop with mostly primitives, the only place I actually spent any money was in the junkiest and thriftiest spots. Here's what I bought.



The crock will be used as is, of course, in a primitive gathering. The rest will get a makeover. I'll be sure to show you when I get to them!

And last but definitely not least, is another most generous gift from a blogging friend. There was a package waiting on our front porch when we came home this weekend from Janae of Cozy Coops Corner and Liberty Hill Primitives. Inside were gifts for both Joy and me! For Joy was the cutest little bunny with the most beautiful long eyelashes! And look what it says around her neck....."Be Joyful". How thoughtful!



Of course, Joy will have more to say over on her blog sometime today too! So be sure and stop by there and see the pictures I took of her before she opened her bunny! Needless to say, Joy was very excited and the little bunny looks adorable in her room on her bed!

And for me, my very own prim bunny! Oh how excited I was!



I knew immediately that my bunny would go on my table bench to keep the little bowl of berries and eggs company! I just LOVE this bunny! Isn't it adorable? Can you see what's stitched on it? Blessings....I love that!



Also included in the box was the bay leaves bag!



I already had a nail in place on the side of my stepback cupboard waiting for the right touch and I knew immediately that this was it! I had already seen some of her little seed bags on her selling blog and I loved them! This is perfect!



Thank you so much, Janae, this was just the sweetest generous gift! I love it, actually WE love our gifts, both Joy and me! :)


**********************************************************************************

A couple of people asked about the primming of the wooden bowl in a previous post. I'll tell more about that on my next post.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday! :)

29 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Tammy,
Blogging friends are the nicest, especially Janae, those bunnies are cute and I'm sure Joy is just thrilled:)
Rondell

Mandy said...

Surprises are the best! I love all your new goodies!

Have a great spring break!

Mandy

Susan said...

Blessings and more blessings.
Susan

{lauren} said...

Blogging friends are the best aren't they:) I love those labels, and the flag looks great over that shelf. I love the bunnies from Janae too! I love her work...I have one of the "blessings" bunnies myself. The one she made for your daughter is so cute! I love the little tag!! I hope you have a wonderful day:)

PS - I also have a couple of questions about the homeschooling cirriculum you use. Noah is no where near that stage yet, but I'm considering all the possibilities. Definitely preschool will be at home...did you use the SonLight system then? Just curious. You can send me an email if you would rather answer there...triplettel@lrc.edu. Thanks:)

Lois Christensen said...

Love all the wonderful things you received! Can't wait to see what the labels are going to look like on your crocks. Love the flag as well and the bunnies!!!

CozyGirl said...

The bunny looks perfect on your table Tammy and I love where you hung the herb bag!I'm so glad that you and Joy like them:-) I love the goodies you bought over the weekend. Those little white crocks are very handy for gatherings. I just found one at GW the other day. Have a wonderful day!
Janae:-)

Michelle said...

What cute things! It's so fun to decorate prim. Have a wonderful day!

Shelley said...

There are so many nice and generous bloggy friends out there! You received some wonderful gifts!!

Denise said...

I love the labels. They are just what I need for some crocks and bottles. The bunnies are adorable!

Have a great day, Denise

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What wonderful, generous gifts! I bet your heart is still singing! Bloggers are just awesome, aren't they?
And how sweet that they sent something for Joy too.
That's a great start for your week. I hope the rest of it is just as nice.

A Bit of Colour said...

How sweet! Aren't surprises great!

Back in the Day said...

What great little surprises you received! Blogging buddies are the best!
Nicole

Never So Simple said...

Janae and Susan both are such wonderful people. I love their blogs and their comments are always so kind. I love your bunny he looks a lot like mine. I can't wait to read Joy's post.

I hope you enjoy your Spring Break. We still have two weeks until ours. I am looking forward to sleeping in. :)

Donna

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Tammy---You can always take something old or be-dragled and make it gorgeous. You have so many gifts. I always love your decorating talents.

The bunny is precious!!
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sharon said...

I have found that blogging friends are the sweetest people out there.
Your bunnies are really cute.
I also wanted to say that I am so glad to hear the GOD was with your son on that day.
God Bless

Julie said...

Hi Tammy--what great things you received--love the labels and the flag. Your prim bunny is darling, too. Some of the nicest people I have met through blogging. Have a great day. Julie

Susan said...

The flag looks great in its "new" home. The bunnies and the bag that Janae sent are cute, too.

Michele said...

Hi Tammy ~ what great surprises you got...I love coming home to boxes from the post man! Your bunnies are just too cute!

Can't wait to see what you do with your crock and labels!

Hugz,
Michele

Zaroga said...

Wonderful Gifts... truly nice to have such great friends.

Cottage Rose said...

Those bunnies are just too cute. How sweet of her to make and send them to you both.. Blogging friends are just the best, are then not... just one huge family,

Hugs;
Alaura

Happily Ever After said...

Hi Tammy,

Isn't it nice to be thought of and get a surprise? That was very thoughtful and kind for your blogging buddies to send you "specials".

I'm anxious to see the crocks witht he labels and I love the small one you bought over the weekend. That is so cute.

Many blessings to you,

Gigi

Sandy said...

Hi Tammy,

You received so many great goodies...it was just like Christmas again :) Can't wait to see where you will put your labels.

Janae does such great work. I purchased some Winter items from her and loved everything. She is so crafty!

I hope the sun is out and you have a great rest of the week :)

♦Down Willow Lane♦ said...

Hi,
I'm new to blogging but really enjoy reading your blog and others too.You all give so much inspiration to others with similar interests.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Tammy, boy what a wonderful spring gift. I love how you decorate and love what you have done already with your goodies! Woohoo. Whatever Janae makes it always so cute!
Blessings,
Debbie

Birgit said...

How fun to get surprise packages in the mail.
How fun for Joy, especially!
Hugs & blessings~ Birgit

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Blogging friends are the best aren't they? I was blessed by some this week myself.

I love the bunny's from Janae - she is so talented! And how nice of Susan to share with you.

The bag looks perfect on your beautiful stepback.

have a great week my freind!

hugs, Linda

Mary said...

I love the rustic prim flag. What a patriotic touch and it looks perfect where you've placed it.

I'm glad that you enjoyed all of the gorgeous gifts you received. Blogging buddies are the best and bring us lots of blessings.

Football and Fried Rice said...

how sweet. your new things are great. I really adore the seed bag...and it looks perfect on the cabinet

Classics and Country said...

You have such a great decorating style. Great job!