Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kids Keeping Busy

Don't faint....it's a miracle! I'm back in only two days! :)

I promised to show you a little something that both of the kids have been up to the past weeks.

First of all, you know how much Colt loves his music and musical instruments. Well a couple of months ago, he disassembled one of his electric guitars. He then proceeded to sand and strip the finish. I wish I had a picture of it before to show you, but it was sort of a sunburst finish. Anyway after much sanding, then staining, and several layers of semi gloss polyurethane, he finally finished.



I love how it turned out!



Here's a closer look:



His girlfriend, Amber, put an inscription on the back for him, which gives it even more character. It says "Remember why you play" Am (short for Amber). I just love her handwriting!



Here's my handsome son with his "new" guitar.



Jason and I picked up new strings for him while Joy was in dance the other night. When we got home with them that night, he reassembled it all, getting all those wires back in place, and not only does it look good, but it sounds good. I love to hear Colt play!

So you see....I have a do-it-yourselfer son too! I was really proud of him!

Also....during the middle of the week that we were having our homestudy visits, Joy begged to go to a local carnival. I don't have much faith in the people that put those things together, but she really wanted to go. SO....one night after dance we stopped in and they had closed early. She was so disappointed, but we decided to try the next night since we were finished earlier. This time they were open. She even managed to have her friend, Cheyenne, meet us. Now I am really glad of that, because Cheyenne saved Jason and me from having to ride the rides! We got there about 8:45 p.m. and stayed until about 10:00 p.m. with them being about the only people there. There were maybe ten other people in the whole place. They rode every ride there multiple times.

My daughter is a dare devil I tell you! Have you ever seen the Moby Dick or the Fire Ball? Oh my goodness, the Fire Ball is the thing in the big giant ring that starts rocking up the track one way gaining momentum until it finally goes completely over making them go upside down. Then at some point, as it starts slowing, they are actually hanging up in mid air upside down. Being a scaredy cat when it comes to heights, it made me nervous watching! I don't do ferris wheels either, so I really loved Cheyenne that night! That ferris wheel was 85 ft. tall! Jason would have had to do the ferris wheel. I would come closer to do the fast things....because they're over with quicker! :) Anyway, we took several videos of them on rides, but I have so much trouble getting those to upload here. However, here's a picture of Joy and Cheyenne at the fair.



I might add that this was the night before our scheduled home visit, when we needed to be home doing last minute stuff, and here we were out on the town! :) It all turned out fine though!

Here's a picture of Joy on Halloween. We went to a Trunk N Treat. They also had a giant blow-up slide. Joy dressed in last year's dance recital costume....she was a groovy girl. (Those dance costumes come in handy at Halloween...I try to get my money's worth out of them)!



My little groovy girl and me...



So you see when the kids are busy, they keep us busy, but one day it will be quiet.

I'm enjoying this life as we know it now.

18 comments:

Parsley said...

Lovely to see your kids enjoying life as the individuals God created them.

Debbie said...

Colt did a wonderful job on refinishing his guitar and I love the inscription Amber left on it. All of your children are so creative in their different ways. I can hardly wait to see what Luke does! :) Hope the home visit went well.

Take Care,
Debbie

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

love the pictures Of Joy at the Carnival, kids always enjoy the rides, but not me...lol..I'm like you afraid of heights.
Your Colt and my Charles would get along fine, he loves his guitars and music, since we were first married till now he has collected a total of 12 and loves to redo them. When we first got married and money was tight he worked and saved to buy a Fender with a Pevey amp, but someone stole it 6 yrs later. It would have been a real treasure TO HIM.
Enjoy them while you can, the house gets mighty lonely at times after they make homes for themselves.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Tell Colt he did a wonderful job on his redo. Love the inscription on the back will be a real treasure.

Nancy M. said...

The guitar looks great! He did a wonderful job! It's great Joy was able to have some fun at the carnival. I don't think I would have liked some of those rides, either.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What a beautiful project, Tammy! Colt has clearly learned from the best.

I'm glad you're all enjoying life and keeping busy while you wait on your newest addition. And I love the new family photos on your sidebar.

Happy Weekend, my friend!

Never So Simple said...

Colt did an amazing job! Wow this family is full of talent! :) Colt is such a handsome young man.

Joy is growing up so fast and she gets prettier every time you post a picture. Love the groovy girl outfit!!!!

I love the side bar Tammy with the pictures of the family. I can't wait to see more pictures of Luke.

Sent you an email update.

Donna

Madison said...

OMG this is so weird because I just went to our county fair last night. I would NEVER go on fire ball because they have it at our fair too. But I love the photo of Joy and Cheyenne because my new fave ride is right behind them the SCAMBLER.. so much fun! Thanks for sharin!

Sharon and Michael said...

Good to find your blog. You have a gorgeous family. Congrats on the new to be addition. We're a hsing family, also.

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

What an amazing job Colt did on his guitar. I like what his girlfriend wrote, very inspiring.

My daughter was a daredevil also. I just couldn't keep her down.

I am so anxious for you to get your little boy. He is so cute and he looks so lovable.

Blessings - Maxine

Lois Christensen said...

Great pictures! Great job on the guitar! And yes, a friend to go on the rides with Joy is wonderful!!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hey Tammy! There's nothing more precious than time spent with fmaily.
Colt is quite talented! The guitar turned out great! A chip off the old block! I know y'all are so proud of him.
And Joy is just a doll. Too funny about her being such a little dare
devil! I am afraid of heights too, but when I was younger I would ride anything! Not anymore! LOL!
I hope you have a wonderful week!

Elle Bee said...

Your children are wonderful! I'm so glad you're enjoying the busy-ness! It truly is a blessing, isn't it.

Shelley said...

Colt's guitar looks wonderful - wow! He must be so proud of it. You have such creative, beautiful children! It doesn't surprise me that Joy is a little bit of a daredevil.....

Sandy said...

Boy do I wish we still could be wearing Summer clothes :) But I guess that goes with where we live.

Your daughter is just so sweet and creative with her costumes :) Your son did a great job on the guitar.

I can't wait to see more pics of your little Luke. I am postive he will love your package.

Sandy

Charm and Grace said...

What a great post... beautiful job on that guitar. And I loved seeing the pic of you and your groovy girl. So sweet. You have a beautiful family.

Blessings,
Christi

Anonymous said...

Wow, Colt did a wonderful job with his guitar! Nice!

You and your daughter are beautiful, btw!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

prashant said...

I can hardly wait to see what Luke does! :) Hope the home visit went well.

Work from home India