Monday, November 18, 2013

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 63 ~

Good Monday morning! :)

I'm wondering how many folks out there in blogland have already decorated for Christmas? We put up our big tree the weekend after Halloween and the rest of my Christmas decor went up in the two weeks following! We love Christmas around here and because it takes awhile to get it all out and we want plenty of time to savor each moment and enjoy it all, we start early! I can now say that we are fully enjoying the coziness of the twinkling lights in the evenings. And I LOVE it! :) Christmas is my favorite!!!


Today for Pinned it, Made it! Monday, I'm going to share something that I probably shared at some point on my blog (awhile back) although I can't seem to find it. Since I haven't shared it at least on Pinned it, Made it! Monday before and I tried nothing else new this week from Pinterest, I'm going to share it with you today! :)

They are prim (or grungy if you prefer) candy canes.

I started with the candy canes you can pick up at Dollar tree like these:


First I tea stained my homespun and then cut them into strips (I think mine were about 1/4 to 1/2" wide.)   I used muslin and red striped/ticking homespun. First I covered the candy cane in the muslin fabric and then went back and added the red ticking fabric leaving a space in between each wrapping for the muslin to show through. Just add glue at the start and then at the finish.

I have them all on the Christmas tree in the Cedar Loft.  Jason and I  also made those twig stars...

They're really easy and they are so prim and cute for decorating around the house or hanging on the Christmas tree. I even bundled some together with greenery and berries and gave them away as gifts.



I just found another package of the unopened candy canes from Dollar Tree, so I'm going to try something a little different. I'll see how it turns out and maybe share it next time.

And now it's youur turn, my friend! I can't wait to see all the Christmas projects! Oh Pinterest is full of them right now! So link those projects up.... :)

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful week! :)

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love them, Tammy! They look great. I think I will make a few of these, too :)

Primitive Stars said...

I love them to Tammy, I want to make some prim candy canes and these work great, Blessings Francine.

Allison said...

HI Tammy-- Love the prim candy canes! I need to get to the dollar store and make me some of those. As soon as I get Picasa loaded on the new computer I hope to join back in. We had computer problems for the last few weeks.

Simply Shelley said...

I made some of these a few years ago and used them on my tree.It was such fun making them. I can't wait to see your Christmas decor. Will you be posting pictures? Praying all is well with you and yours....blessings

Michelle said...

I am making these for our outdoor tree. These will work great.

bettyj said...

Mine has been up for 2 weeks. I had to do something after I lost Dasko, so I decorated. Have enjoyed every minute. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Very cute!

Laura

Lois Christensen said...

Love, love, love that idea Tammy! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I pulled a few things out yesterday but the tree will wait till after Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

I found this post informative and interesting. Looking forward for more updates, thanks for posting. . .
packing and moving bangalore.