Saturday, August 4, 2012

♥ Christmas in July ♥

We’re back home! Jason and I had such a great time. Probably way too much fun for folks married 30 years! We went 4-wheeler riding on the ATV trails which were full of hills and rocks and let’s just say that we didn't take it all that easy and.....well......I’m sore. I think we acted a little like spring chickens when we’re inching closer to the older hen and rooster. But was it worth the soreness? You bet.....we had so much fun! I'll come back one day next week with more pictures from our trip.

Okay, on to this post....I decided I was going to pop in here today and join Sara and Betty for a little Christmas in July. Yes, I know it’s August, but that doesn’t count because we were honeymooning the end of July, so I’m late. Would you bear with me while I catch up?

Here are a few radom pics from Christmas in our home from 2011:

















I’ve already been in the fall mood, which is by far my favorite season. I love the cool crisp air and the cozy feeling inside that it evokes. Not to mention that it’s followed by Christmas! So thank you for joining me today as I revisited Christmas!

Speaking of getting in the mood for fall, I want to share my Apple Crisp recipe.  It's so easy and so good.  I'm linking up with Lois of Walking on Sunshine and her Foodie Friends Linky Party.



Apple Crisp

6 large tart cooking apples
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter

Place peeled and cubed apples in a greased (11 x 7 x 2) baking dish. Pour orange juice over apples. Combine 1/2 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over apples. Combine flour, remaining sugar and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Spoon over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is brown.



Serve warm or cold with ice cream or milk. (We love it warm with a scoop of ice cream). Enjoy!


*******************************************************************************************************


And don't forget to join me for Pinned it, Made it! Monday. The post will be on later Sunday night if you want to link up early.   Also linked up with Sunny Simple Life for my Christmas decor.

Thanks again for stopping by and have a great weekend! :)

♥ Tammy ♥

18 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Aaaah! Now you've got me kind of wanting Christmas to come. :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Susannah said...

Beautiful! I think you are living in your "Dream House", aren't you?

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh you know I love your home..but i love that kitchen stove..and that apple crisp looks so good..I am totally a dessert fiend..and that looks tasty..glad you had a great time..have a wonderful weekend.:)

Cindi said...

You girls are just getting me all excited about decorating for Christmas, it is my first prim style one I will have. I am do happy to get some ideas though. So pretty. Have a great weekend and I am so glad you had a great honeymoon trip!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy, I love your home, so warm and cozy and your colors gives it a fall feeling! Now, that's some good looking crisp, and ice cream too! Yum-yum! I called my husband to see it and he asked, when are you baking one! Ha!
Have a nice weekend! Love you!

Unknown said...

Love Apple Crisp... and love the pictures of your home... and Christmas decorations..Fall is my favorite time of year, love the smells and the colours...and also that Christmas is right around the corner. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Remember to come and vote on Sunday
http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Your home was beautiful! It makes me want to make some new ornies for my place.

The apple crisp looks yummy. I've never used oj in it.

I made lemon zucchini bread this morning from a pinterest recipe. I took a photo of the finished product so that I could post it.

Blessings,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy! Glad you had a great getaway. I am loving all your pics here but I must say I am now trying to decide if I want a cinnamon bun or apple crisp! I can almost smell both of them through the screen. Those buns look so real!? Your home looks so inviting and cozy. I can't wait for fall either considering this heat - I'm ready! Have a great Sunday - Jeannette

Wendi said...

I've been feeling the tug of fall. Now I think I might just want to skip straight to Christmas!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love your fireplace and that old stove. So glad you had a good time. We are off this weekend for our 23rd anniversary.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Hey Tammy! I drooled over your pics back and Christmas, and doing it again now:) My MIL makes a great apple crisp but does not use the OJ, this I'll try doing it this way.
BTW, your RED cabinet, with the cream interior shelves, is giving me some serious ideas for my LR built in cabinets w/ shelves, you know how it is, when you love something, but it's been the same for about 15 years...
LOVE your home.
JoAnn

Diann said...

All of your Christmas decor looks wonderful and the apple crisp looks delish!

Ericka Breedlove said...

Christmas in July! I love it!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,
I'm so happy you had a great time.
Your home looks so beautiful. I love all the Christmas decorations.
That apple crisp looks delicious. Thank you so much for the recipe !
Have a great day.

Chenille Cottage said...

Happy Anniversary...and, many many more! It sounds like you had a wonderful time away.
How I love your cozy home! Every corner is bursting with welcoming charm.
Oh, your apple crisp is making my mouth water this very moment!
Blessings,
Carolynn

bettyj said...

Thanks for joining us. Your home looked so pretty. I don't think I had seen your stove before. I love the crock on the stool. I was thinking as beautiful as it was last year, just think how it will look this year with all that new furniture! Glad you all had a good get away. You need to do that. Your children grow up and leave home some day and your husband will be there always. (or they are supposed to be)lol

Lois Christensen said...

I love apple crisp. I'm going to pin this recipe for the future and then maybe after I make it this fall I can add it to your Pinned it, Made it linky party! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing with us!

~Sara said...

Thanks for joining the Christmas in July (ok August). I still feel like I am one step behind since vacation and now it is already time to think about fall. Your home is beautiful. Decorated with love and homey.
I love anything apple and your recipe looks yummy. I sure wish we could get Macintosh apples here or Cortland's-my absolute favorite apples! So glad that yo had a great get away! Blessings~Sara