Friday, April 6, 2012

Faithful Friday - "My Father's World"

It's Faithful Friday. Today, I just wanted to take time to give thanks for just one of the ways that God reveals Himself to me and provides His presence, comfort, peace, and just shows me daily through the little things that He cares for me.



I have always loved the words to this beautiful hymn, This is My Father's World, as well as its tune. I was reminded of it as I passed by our knock-out rose bushes. These beautiful roses, His creation, is just one simple pleasure that God provided that I can enjoy from my kitchen window or as we walk from our carport into our home.

This is my Father's world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought.


This is my Father's world,
the birds their carols raise,
the morning light, the lily white,
declare their maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
he shines in all that's fair;
in the rustling grass I hear him pass;
he speaks to me everywhere.



This is my Father's world.
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!




********************************************************************************************

I would like to invite you to join us in Faithful Fridays. If you would like to share anything from your Christian Walk, just leave a comment here on Joy's blog (my daughter began Faithful Fridays as a day set aside for Christians to share and encourage others in their Christian Walk).  We'd love to come visit you!  And if you don't have a post to share, we still thank you for stopping by and reading!

Take a moment and enjoy all the beauty of God's creation today and give thanks to Him. Have a great weekend!

Be Blessed!
~ Tammy ~

6 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Awesome post! I love those roses...they're so pretty and abundant!

I love you! 8! Thanks for always participating in Faithful Fridays!

Love,
Joy :D

bettyj said...

Beautiful song and beautiful roses. Yes, He reveals Himself in so man ways that are right under our nose. We don't even have to look for them. I love your faithful Fridays.

Susannah said...

Hello Tammy, I am overcome with emotion at your posting of "This is My Father's World". That is one of my most favorite hymns. I sing it quite often. It is so true that He has given us so many things that we sometimes forget who they came from.. I love your Faithful Fridays.

I hope you and your family have a truly blessed Easter. Be happy and trust in the Lord.

Susannah

Lois Christensen said...

Beautiful words to a beautiful hymn! Love the pictures of your roses. So pretty. And the new fabric choices for the furniture are going to be great. Can't wait to see the finished project. Sorry about your father-in-law! Wish there was something they could do for him, but you're so right that he will be in heaven rejoicing with a body free of pain. Enjoy Easter. I'll be thinking of you and your family!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Beautiful Roses...
The font in your blog is to small for me to read but I sure did enjoy a peek at the beautiful roses.

Have a Blesed Easter!

Easter Blessings
Tonya

Tanya said...

HI Tammy,
What a wonderful thought AND song! I love it too! I have a ton of Knock Out bushes too! I don't think you can kill them! HA! Surely your pic is from last year....or do you have that many blooms already? I just noticed today I have a "few" roses that have opened. This has to be the earliest I have gotten them! Such mild weather, huh?
Hope all of you are doing okay with the loss of your Grandma and now Jason's dad. I know this is a very hard time. I will pray for all of you in the family. Do they live close?
LOVE your new furniture and I'm so happy for you! Know you will be so excited! I got new bedroom furniture not too long ago (never had a set) and I'm still just so excited! HA! I think we are a lot alike in hanging on to stuff! Our vehicle is 12 years old!
Is the pool opening soon???? I'll be the kids are getting so excited for summer!
I think we are down to 33 days of school left! YIPPEE!
Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow!
Hugs,
Tanya