Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Days

Spring is officially here, although we’ve actually had spring like days for quite awhile now! So much for our persimmon seed weather prediction of lots of snow for the winter, huh?

With weather so beautiful, Jason was able to (finally) finish Amber’s cabinet! He put the finishing touches on it Monday evening and the cabinet is now in its new home at the salon. I really like the way it turned out!  (I snapped a picture of it before it was loaded up and ready to go).



Notice the addition on the side? It is removable if Amber so desires. It holds her hair styling equipment……..hair dryer, curling irons, and flat irons….etc….

Nearly two weeks ago, on another beautiful weekend, we were blessed to attend my Grandma’s 94th birthday party. She is an amazing woman! She has done remarkably well for her age. However, we did receive word last night that she is in the hospital. She apparently had a light heart attack and has pneumonia on one side. I’d appreciate it if you remember Grandma in your prayers!

That same weekend of Grandma’s birthday party, we were blessed to meet a very sweet blogging friend, Betty of Through My Back Door! Betty made time to meet with us even though she had been cooking brunch for her granddaughter, Amanda, and her family (whom we have all been praying for). She is such a bubbly precious person! I felt like I have known her forever! Blogging friends are just awesome! Betty also works part time at The Speckled Hen, which is a wonderful primitive store! But as I told her, I’m not sure how she keeps from wanting everything in the store when she goes to work! I’m pretty sure I’d be in trouble if I worked there on a regular basis! Oh to have a store such as that near me! We have nothing of that sort near us. Sharon is the owner of The Speckled Hen and she is one talented lady! Her decorating skills are obvious by looking around her store!  It is such a charming place!



Sharon is a really sweet person too! She gave the kids a candle that they had been admiring (and smelling) the whole time we were there!  :) 


Thank you, Sharon, for opening your store to us, for the candle, and to you and Betty both for making us feel so welcome!

Here we are. That’s Betty next to Joy and Sharon next to Betty.  (Jason was there.....but he was the photographer).


This past weekend, while I was inside the house (all.weekend.long) nursing a migraine headache, and Jason was finishing up Amber’s cabinet, Joy worked with Luke on his baseball skills. The baseball set was a birthday gift from Uncle Richie and Aunt Missy. He loved it!

He had the stance down pretty well.



I don’t think he ever hit a ball though. But he never gave up trying!






I think he actually did more of this…….retrieving the ball.


Pitching was his favorite thing about baseball.  Can you tell by the grin on his face?



Along with spring comes the desire to give the house a good spring cleaning. That is definitely on my to-do list. (Bet you thought I was going to show you a nice clean house now didn’t you?) Not yet......remember I had a migraine all weekend!  We have a certain 4 year old around here that has somehow acquired quite a few toys that need to be organized and…….ahem….donated to kids that don’t have any toys.  :)  We haven’t taken a spring break (as such) from homeschooling, although we’ve had a little bit lighter load this week. I’m hoping to get a little of that spring cleaning done before this week is gone.

I hope you’re all enjoying this spring weather! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day!  :)

8 comments:

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Nice cabinet! looks very useful! I'm sure it will be very appreciated to the owner of it! You have a cute baseball play there :) I KNOW I'd stay "in trouble" if a store like THAT were near me, too. And I feel your pain on the migraine issue - I've been bombarded as well but they are getting better, slowly. I will pray for you!
JoAnn

Sharon said...

I know for a fact that I'd be in trouble in a store like that also.
I think he sure does have the right stance for a ball player. He is so cute and I love that smile.
Hope the rest of your week is pain free.
That cabinet is beautiful and she should get a lot of use out of it.
Hugs

Farm Girl said...

I have yet to get to meet a fellow blogger, it looks like a great time.
You have a lovely family.

~Sara said...

Sounds like a wonderful time all around. Family and blogging friends...quite a blessing ~Sara

Marti said...

What a slugger. He looks like he thinks he is ready for the majors. Have a good day.

Wendi said...

The cabinet turned out great! Not that I had any doubts it would. :)

There is store like that not far from me. I have to limit my trips there or I would be in big trouble!

I am wanting to get some cleaning done also. It is hard with the boys age 17 mos 2 yrs here. The boys are certainly more active then Megan ever was!

Have a great week!

Annie said...

That is a gorgeous cabinet! Luke is just getting SO big!! WOW! He has quite an arm on him:)

Lois Christensen said...

How exciting to be able to visit a blogger! The photos look really nice. I'd be tempted to spend all my paycheck also! Love the pictures of Luke! Cleaning up a storm around here also! Enjoy!