Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lazy Days of a Summer Past

I'm sure everyone was about to give up on me! I really haven't had anything very interesting to share. I haven't been crafting or decorating or anything like that. My days lately have been more in the mode of school planning for our homeschooling year and going through books to sell and books to order.

But just this evening, Joy and I were looking through some older pictures and I thought I might take some days here and there to share some memories of past summers. This particular day was a very hot day in July of 2003. We used to have a little weekend spot that we leased and left our RV. Anytime we had a chance, we would pack up and head there for a lazy, relaxing weekend and slow down the pace. That lasted until Colt got older and learned to drive, and got a job, and didn't want to leave home on the weekend. (Sigh)! But we had some good times there.....lots of family memories made there! I can almost smell the bacon, eggs, and coffee now! My mom and dad and aunt and uncle had places there and we ate together, played cards together, sat out in lawn chairs and just enjoyed simpler times!

I love these pictures because I remember Colt and Joy having so much fun in that little wading pool. Joy wanted to be just as "cool" as her big brother. She loved every minute of him being in that pool with her. Notice the hairbow! Poor little girl even had to swim in a hairbow....it's the truth! She had matching hairbows for every swimsuit!



Joy was trying hard to get her arms posed just like Colt.



You can see how high the river was that year in the background back behind them.



I hope you're all having a great summer and making lots of family memories!

~ Tammy ~

17 comments:

Julie said...

Those photos remind me of the need for me to get the family photos out of boxes and into albums. I KNOW my girls would love to look at them. I love the memories...Julie

Elle Bee said...

Tammy, I was smiling the whole time I read this post. I loved the walk down memory lane.
Linda

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

cute photos..it is so nice to see siblings getting along and yours are so cute!!! stay cool...:)

Carmen S. said...

Cute pics and cute hairbow:) I love to go through old photos!

Amber said...

What great memories! I'm so thankful for my camera - I just love looking back over past photos.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It is amazing how life changes when the teens get jobs and licenses!! So nice to have old photo's to look at and remember when!

hugs, Linda

Parsley said...

I love these pics. I'd be swimming in the lake behind the pool though.

Lois Christensen said...

I love the pictures. Makes me want to go through some of our old ones and post them as well. Yes, my daughter is at that age, 16, where she doesn't want to do anything with us. Sad! Enjoy your day and getting everything ready for school!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

What a sweet summertime memory, Tammy. Brendan is currently VERY into copying EVERYTHING Connor does. Hero worship and sibling love all wrapped into one.

Thanks for sharing that little snapshot with us.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

This post brought back memories for me too! Oh, the good ole days were grand for sure! No worries, not a care in the world! Oh, how I would love to go back there, if only for a visit.
Thanks God for those wonderful memories!
Enjoy the rest of your week!

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Darling Pictures - Our lives do change when our children grow up, I know ours certainly did. When our daughter and her hubby come home, we occassionally look at past pictures and she has a story behind them all.

Karen said...

Pictures help to bring back so many wonderful memories...these were so fun to look at!

Never So Simple said...

Tammy,

That place sounds wonderful. I wish I could get away somewhere for the weekend. I love the pictures of Colt and Joy. She was so little. :) I love seeing pictures from summer's past. Thanks for sharing.

Donna

Madison said...

Great photos Mrs. Tammy!!! I am making GREAT memories this summer!!! And hope you are too!!

Love, Madison

Mandy said...

So cute! I love going through old pictures!

Tammy said...

What fun pictures of Colt and Joy! :)
We were just looking at some old ones ourselves recently.

Well, if anyone can understand not blogging very much this summer it is I! LOL But I did finally post again for my giveaway. In fact, I also included a short story of a summer gone by...when I was little!

Hugs,
~Tammy (the even more random blogging one!)

Blessed Beyond said...

HI Tammy,
Sounds like yall are doing well! I haven't been around near as much as I would like this summer, so I can relate! I love the pictures! And I too just love something about camping, or should I say either RVing or in a cabin. :) But it is just simple times with the family that mean the most! Have a great weekend!
Hugs and Blessings,