Saturday, January 25, 2014

♥ Always Dancing ♥

Ever since she was a little bit thing, Joy has danced.....around the house, in stores....it just never mattered where she was.  She danced. 



I have video footage of her in sponge rollers, doing some sort of made-up bull dance to Shania Twain's "Man I Feel Like a Woman", as well as Little Miss Graceful twirling like a ballerina to music.  She always pulled us into it with her, whether it was twirling her, twisting with her, whatever fit.  We laugh about this and she just says, "The music speaks to me....I can't help it, okay?" 

So through the years, she has done all kinds of dance.  She started ballet and tap at the age of almost 3.  She then added jazz to that, dancing all of those for almost 9 years.



Then we went to China to get Luke.  If you have followed my blog for very long, you may remember the video footage of her dancing in the park in China with the Chinese dancers.  As we stood there watching the dancers, I was watching her as she watched them.  Her feet were moving...she was watching every move.  She was 11 then.  She wanted to be out there dancing.  She asked her daddy if she could dance with them.  We ended up leaving that day without her dancing.  I think her dad just didn't know how they would welcome a foreigner dancing with them and if she could indeed keep up.  Well we came back the next day and I just knew this opportunity just might be one in a life time.  She looked at her daddy with the puppy dog eyes and asked if she could dance.  Of course, I helped out a little.  :)  She went up and asked the lady in charge,  and they all  gladly welcomed her.  And she did a great job keeping up.  She was just learning as she went.  They loved her!   She drew quite the crowd...this 11 year old American blond haired girl dancing with the Chinese ladies in the park.  You can see that video here on my blog.

It's just in her.  She has to dance or bust.

Well we took a break from dancing for about a year after Luke came home because of how time consuming it had become. She had this new little brother and she wanted to enjoy every minute of it.  We needed to simplify.  We were driving 45 minutes one way three times a week to dance.  But just like I suspected when we were away from dancing, she missed it.  So we found other avenues.  With her love of China, we discovered the Chinese dancing.  And she has most recently added swing dancing to that as well.

This next Saturday is the Chinese New Year Festival.  It's the big event she missed last year when she was in the hospital.  You may remember that.  She had the dress rehearsal for that last week.  Here are a couple of pictures from that day.





We are praying all goes well this year and she does indeed get to dance at the festival.  Being the worrier she is, it's in the back of her mind.  We're praying all goes well!

As far as Joy is concerned, there are so many types of dance to explore and try out, and so little time.  On her list to try are Irish dancing, Flamingo dancing, Salsa dancing, and more ballroom dances. 

She's loving the swing dancing, by the way!

It's so fitting that she has a ballet bar and mirror in her room and these words above it:



Dance like no one's watching
 
   
 
♥ Tammy ♥
 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do remember last year and that she was in the hospital. I pray she does get to dance this year. Her room suits her perfectly!

The video is so precious.

Blessings to you all this weekend.

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

She's just beautiful...sending prayers that she can dance the festival...have a great evening ...Hugs lil raggedy Angie

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Tammy, such a beautiful girl, keeping her in my prayers that she can dance again, Hugs Francine.

Pendleton Primitives said...

Joy is so talented and dancing comes very natural to her. She's always a pleasure to watch in motion. I'm praying that she will be able to perform this year.
~Christina

Prims By The Water said...

Yes last year was no fun for Joy at all..I remember. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well this time. Janice

Sandra said...

So sweet, and I'm sure this year will be a great one for her.

My niece is a dancer too, matter of fact just had a performance tonight, so I understand that love for dance that these girls have :)

Trace4J said...

Oh Joy you sure do shine.
May God continually bless you from the top of your head to your toes.
Love & JOY in HIM

Raymond Homestead said...

A born natural for sure!

Susannah said...

Hi Tammy, she is in my prayers! I hope things work out for her. she deserves it. she is such a sweet, sweet girl!

Susannah

LynnMarie said...

Oh I do hope that she gets to dance this time. I'm so glad that you can help feed her passion.

jody said...

Its so special she loves music and dance so much! Its a wonderful thing and must bring her lots of happiness and peace! When we were stationed in japan i remember daughter angela and her brothers dancing at the vestibules..,so nice she takes part in learning and enjoying another culture too! Enjoy your day Tammy!

Sunny Simple Life said...

I sure hope she is well and able to dancer her little heart out. How is it going? Cold and snowy I am sure.

Never So Simple said...

I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH JOY HAS GROWN OVER THE YEARS. SHE WAS ALWAYS A CUTE LITTLE GIRL NOW A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? I HOPE YOU ALL ARE FEELING BETTER. I ALSO WAS SICK AFTER THE NEW YEAR. CAN YOU SHOOT ME AN EMAIL SO I CAN EMAIL YOU BACK. I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU AND UPDATE YOU ON. JESSICA GAVE ME AN IPAD FOR CHRISTMAS AND I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING ALL MY EMAIL ADDRESS'.

DONNA

arkie said...

Best wishes to her! Talented and beautiful girl!

Hollie said...

Wow, she's a very talented young lady!! She did so good in the video! I watched the whole thing and was amazed at her courage. I remember when she was so sick last year!!! I'm praying all goes well for her and I'm sure it will!! The costumes are so pretty!!

Btw, it's so good to see you blogging again!!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I enjoyed reading about your daughter's dancing journey. She is precious. And beautiful. Praying all goes well!

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Awww, Mama, thank you! :) Music has always just translated itself into dance naturally for me, and I love that. I'm so thankful for it. Thank you and Dad for always giving me every chance to dance, and encouraging it! :) Thank you for posting this! :)

I love you! 8! :)

Love,
Joy :)

Blessed Beyond said...

Hope she is dancing her heart out at the festival! She is a beautiful young lady!
Hugs and blessings,

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

She'll be great. I remember praying last year.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great Dance.Apple MacBook Laptop HD Wallpaper.

Alexander said...

Emmys 2021 award winners: The Crown, Ted Lasso, The Queen's Gambit and more. The 73rd Primetime Emmys Awards are done and dusted. There were a few surprises, including The Queen's Gambit, which won two awards overall, taking home best limited series, beating Mare of Easttown. Turns out chess is for everyone.