Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Squeezing in a Little Fun Time

Too many days or evenings have been spent in hospitals or funeral homes here lately. In between all of this, we’ve had some normal moments and just some fun times we’ve squeezed in just for the sake of giving the kids something to look forward to or something more uplifting.

One evening after visiting Jason’s dad at the hospital, we discovered it was the last night of the carnival in town and Joy had been asking to go. So it was late….really too late to have our 4 year old out, but we stopped in for about an hour and a half of fun for the kids. It was a nice distraction from all the sadness lately. And I had forgotten just how entertaining those carnival folks can be. :) Let’s just say that I am convinced that one of the requirements to work a carnival is that you have to be very unique. Joy has her theory but we won't talk about that here. :) We definitely got a few laughs and are still laughing when we recall those moments!

Joy is up there on the top. :)







Luke rode everything with Joy except the Moby Dick and the ferris wheel.


One day after a doctor’s appointment, we stopped in at the big city park. My niece, Laci, was here from Alabama for her spring break. Bless her heart, we didn’t get to do many fun things while she was here because of everything that has been going on, but we managed to do a little. They enjoyed a little bit of fun at the park followed by a trip of Baskin Robbins for ice cream.









Luke loves his preschool games on the iPad. It’s a wonderful tool to keep him busy (and happy) while we are getting very needed time to work on our school and he's getting a little school and doesn't even realize it!  :) He is quite a whiz at it now! Maybe better than me! :)


Before his very needed haircut by Amber.

When we went to Alabama for my Grandma’s funeral, Missy (my SIL) gathered all the grandkids and attempted to get a picture of them all together while we had them all in one place. It’s not that great of a picture and it was no easy task trying to get them all to cooperate at the same time. But it is what it is. At least they’re all there!

Luke loved his job of trying to keep Ellie still....can you tell?  :)   From the top left to right:  Trey & Colt,  next row Kemper & Joy.  Next row down Laci & Luke and Sydey & Ellie in the front. 

And I did get a couple of pictures of Joy and Luke on Easter before they came in from church and got comfortable out of their Easter clothes. Colt came out later for lunch and I never even pulled the camera out the rest of the afternoon. I wish that I had!




Obviously, I needed my glasses on when I took this picture. I cut Joy’s head off! I think that is payback because I used to tease my mom about doing that!



Okay, I did a little better here, but it’s on the blurry side. In my defense, I was using Joy's point and shoot camera (which I am not used to), not my camera because the battery on mine was dead.



I'm thankful that we were able to grab a few enjoyable family moments the past few weeks.

Thanks so much for stopping by! If I haven't been around to visit your blog lately, it's not because I don't want to. Don't give up on me! :)

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Thank you for taking the time to take us out for a little fun lately! I can't wait to go to the movies with Christina! :D

Oh, and you forgot to mention that you DROPPED my point-and-shoot camera. Hehe! :P

I love you! 8!

God bless you!
Love,
Joy :)

bettyj said...

I was wondering about you all today. Have no idea how I missed 2 post! Oh well. I can't believe Luke would ride the rides. I think he would follow Joy any where. She is such a beauty and just shows inner beauty as well as outer. Prayers are with you all. We are doing well.
Loved the pictures and btw, I am going to try that recipe when I have dominoes next.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Hey Tammy! yes, everybody needs a "break" to have some time for themselves, just good ol' fun with the family. Y'all look like y'all had a great time, even under the circumstances. I can't even look at "go round n'round" stuff anymore, so we're headed to the beach this weekend with the bikes!
Take Care!
JoAnn

LynnMarie said...

Great photos and I'm so glad that with all the sadness, you have found some fun for yourself and the kids. Love the photo of her head cut off!

Hollie said...

Sorry for all you guys are going through! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures....especially the one of Luke trying to keep the little girl still. Hilarious!! You really could tell he was enjoying that!!

Sharon said...

I agree that you need to have some family fun after all that has been going on.
I do the same thing with the head cut off photos. Lots of them.
Great photos of the kids and Luke is getting so big.
Hugs

Nancy M. said...

That is so great that y'all took a little time out for some fun! I know the kids enjoyed it. What a unique looking playground!

Lois Christensen said...

The pictures look really nice. Love the one of all the grandkids! It's always important to spend some time doing normal things when life has been crazy. We had someone else pass away this week, actually on Easter Sunday. A friend from my childhood that was one of my brother's closest friends died after a liver transplant failed. So sad. Love the recipe from the previous post! Looks really good! Enjoy your weekend!

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Joy is a beautiful, young lady. I can not believe how much Luke has grown.
I also thank you for the ham and cheese sandwich recipe--looks delicious.
Love,
Marie

Blessed Beyond said...

What great photos! I am so glad yall did manage some fun in there too. The picture of all the kids together is so special!! Joy and Luke looked great on Easter! What beautiful little ones! Hang in there! Hugs and love and prayers!

Blessed Beyond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.